Form customisation - Calculate if whole number

Thanks Scott - it was the backslash that did it!

We have a customisation on the  Kanban Receipts form that allows us to pass a string for label printing - the users enter a total quantity, and then an input box allows them to enter how many parts were in each box.  This allows us to then print multiple labels for one entry, however our Despatch users can be a little lax in checking their work so I want to put a calculation on the form that advises them if the Quantity\NumberBoxes does not equal a whole number.  I have the code below but all calculations seem to be coming through as whole... any suggestions? 

Case "LegalNumber"
                Dim [edvKanbanView] As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("kanbanView"), EpiDataView)
                Dim qty As Decimal = edvKanbanView.dataView(edvKanbanView.Row)("Quantity")
                Dim partsbox As Decimal = edvKanbanView.dataView(edvKanbanView.Row)("LegalNumber")
                Dim numbox As Decimal = qty \ partsbox

If numbox = int(numbox)
                            MessageBox.Show("You have packed " + qty.ToString() + " parts in " + numbox.ToString() + " box(es)?")
                        Else
                            MessageBox.Show("YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED A CORRECT MULTIPLE OF BOXES FOR TOTAL PARTS PACKED!!")
                        End If

Try using "If Integer.TryParse(intToCheck, 0) Then"
Also you should check that partsbox does not equal zero and change the backslash(\) to a forward slash(/).
Â
Scott

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:25 AM, <tracy.smith@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><p></p><p>We have a customisation on the  Kanban Receipts form that allows us to pass a string for label printing - the users enter a total quantity, and then an input box allows them to enter how many parts were in each box.  This allows us to then print multiple labels for one entry, however our Despatch users can be a little lax in checking their work so I want to put a calculation on the form that advises them if the Quantity&#92;NumberBoxes does not equal a whole number.  I have the code below but all calculations seem to be coming through as whole... any suggestions? </p>

Case "LegalNumber"
               Dim [edvKanbanView] As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("kanbanView"), EpiDataView)
               Dim qty As Decimal = edvKanbanView.dataView(edvKanbanView.Row)("Quantity")
               Dim partsbox As Decimal = edvKanbanView.dataView(edvKanbanView.Row)("LegalNumber")
               Dim numbox As Decimal = qty \ partsbox

If numbox = int(numbox)
                           MessageBox.Show("You have packed " + qty.ToString() + " parts in " + numbox.ToString() + " box(es)?")
                       Else
                           MessageBox.Show("YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED A CORRECT MULTIPLE OF BOXES FOR TOTAL PARTS PACKED!!")
                       End If

</div>

<div style="color:rgb(255,255,255);min-height:0px;"></div>