Free Brent Ozar Training during October (Cloud Users need not apply)

For those who follow Brent Ozar and his SQL Server stuff will have received this already but for those who don’t:

Buckle Up: October is Free Fundamentals Month! - Brent Ozar Unlimited®

9 Likes

Holy sh*t that’s pretty damn cool. Booking my calendar now.

1 Like

SQL server 2017… can I just use a dev edition?

yeah you can.

1 Like

Or Standard Edition for 180 days!

1 Like

Right on Mark, how do I get the license for 180 days?

could probably spin up a cloud sql server as well…

Hey now, just 'cuz we unlucky Cloud users can’t utilize these SQL tricks doesn’t mean it isn’t good for us to know!

1 Like

If you have a beefy enough computer, install Hyper-V on Win10 or 11 then install Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019 and have fun! Get the 180 day trials from Microsoft:

SQL Server Downloads | Microsoft
Windows Server 2019 | Microsoft Evaluation Center

2 Likes

AGREE!!!

1 Like

I was talking about sql server in the cloud as in utilizing azure to complete this course instead of using local resources.

A VM running SQL where you have direct access to SQL/SSMS should work fine. When I see “Cloud” here I think hosted cloud where the user doesn’t have direct access to SQL.

2 Likes

$ure, you could! You’d want a VM and then install SQL Server on it vs Azure SQL, which I think is a different class for Brent.

Also the 50GB Stackoverflow database Mr Ozar mentioned will be used: https://downloads.brentozar.com/StackOverflow2013_201809117.7z

I was just being an :peach:. Of course cloud users could benefit. Most companies are hybrid and will have some SQL on prem. Also, this may help us build better queries knowing the index structure of Epicor.

1 Like

and read query execution plans from BAQ designer :grinning:

4 Likes