Frideas for 19 April 2024

Yes but when you do that it doesn’t actually change the ship date to the date it shipped, it will still be the original date the pack was created unless you manually update it.

1 Like

Except, the ShipDate defaults to the day you create the Pack and now your employees need to remember to change it. Which is why I am always against creating a pack before it is ready to ship.

1 Like

yes, that is part of the procedure.

I don’t disagree with you :slight_smile:
There are other things in Epicor, like the dates on Quotes, Orders, and Jobs, that need to be updated if your process isn’t a simple 1-2-3 procedure. In this case I don’t think the request is too much to ask for - for those of us who have a different procedure, and which would not interfere with a more rigid procedure.

2 Likes

I always say that if I was in charge, that is how I would do it. Unfortunately, I am never in charge so I have to set up systems that go against my business beliefs. :laughing: :rofl: :laughing:

No seriously I had something screwy go on with my phone (probably operator error) but no matter what the setting for keep North up in googles maps made no difference then turning it upside down fixed it crazy, but there you go

1 Like

Isn’t that what reservations and allocations are for?

Phenomenal idea.

1 Like

Just saw this about duplicating a Part. Specifically, it’s about the effective date of the revisions of the part.

But I would expand it to generally we need better options - especially with revisions - when copying parts (since sales-order copy has some decent options).

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4805

2 Likes

I feel like I had an idea like this but for quotes and other stuff where you would set company config defaults about what was copied over…

True, but only if you make to stock. We do not. We either MFG or PUR almost everything. And those guys on the dock will rob Peter to pay Paul if a truck is waiting to be loaded.

Fair call

I’m going to cheerlead this one from the other day: View parameters for scheduled tasks and | Epicor Kinetic Ideas Portal (aha.io)

2 Likes

I’ll follow that up with this one.

Allow Scheduled Tasks to be Changed | Epicor Kinetic Ideas Portal (aha.io)

2 Likes

I think I am going to lose my mind if this doesn’t get fixed soon.
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4515

I just want to point out that this idea isn’t about controlling when a shipment is actually shipped, its just about the warning message about negative inventory. I don’t disagree with your point here but . . . ultimately not relevant to the idea. It should at a minimum be configurable to pick when the negative inventory warning is shown (when adding the part to the pack, or when clicking shipped or both). Implementing this idea has no bearing on whether or not people create packs in advance.

Is it Friday yet? Log In - Epicor Identity

drunk straw GIF

ran into this one Add defaults to customer and ship to | Epicor Kinetic Ideas Portal (aha.io)