FRx on XP-Sp3 Blank Title 66353

OK, between Epicor support and Microsoft-FRx support it is now working. For future reference by anyone searching on FRx posts the problem was I had installed the wrong patch....using the thin-client version rather than the fat-client I should have done. The download names are not real explicit about which is which. FRx appears to work fine on XP-SP3.

For anyone interested there is a new "patch 10" just released very recently that addresses a number of small issues and also enhances some of the navigation between components in Report Designer. Available from the FRx web site under support. Note....for FRx users if you had a login username/password for FRx it may not have been ported to the Microsoft FRx site so you may need to create a new one or try to have them send a new password if you know the old username.

-Todd C.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 9:17 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] FRx on XP-Sp3

Is anyone out there successfully running FRx Report Designer on Windows XP Service Pack 3? I am beginning to think that the bizzare window and menu labels I am seeing on a new user's PC are related to her having SP3. It appears to me that SP3 has MDAC functionality built in because it will not let me install MDAC 2.8, a requirement for FRx. A bad version of MDAC could explain the confusing labels and definitions from the SQL Server DB schema.

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Is anyone out there successfully running FRx Report Designer on Windows XP Service Pack 3? I am beginning to think that the bizzare window and menu labels I am seeing on a new user's PC are related to her having SP3. It appears to me that SP3 has MDAC functionality built in because it will not let me install MDAC 2.8, a requirement for FRx. A bad version of MDAC could explain the confusing labels and definitions from the SQL Server DB schema.

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.