Function Show Message block does not show message

I’ve created a function with nothing but a Show Message block and some random text, and then run the function using Schedule Epicor Function with the “Now” option. Looking in the System Monitor, I see that the function ran with a status of Complete, but there is no popup message.

I also tried creating a function with nothing but a custom code block that looks like this:

this.PublishInfoMessage("Good morning!", Ice.Common.BusinessObjectMessageType.Information, Ice.Bpm.InfoMessageDisplayMode.Individual, "", "");

this had the same behavior where the function runs, but I see no popup. I must be missing something. Thanks! :smiley:

If I understand what you are doing, I believe that you are running a false test… when you have something run by the system, I would not expect the pop-up to show, because it is not running during a user session. If you had the function called from within the UI, then I would expect it to pop-up.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess that explains it. Is there a good way to see text output from a function for debugging purposes? Maybe save it to file?

You can also declare an additional debug value from a function to use.

As good example is seen here @mng

Custom Library for sending REST calls out of Epicor