Get selected rows in grid in Kinetic

Hello,
anyone can show me how to get selected rows in grid in application studio and pass the selected rows to an Epicor function.

thanks,

Eddy

First make sure that the Grid is “selectable” (Gridmodel > Selectable), add a Column to the grid called “Selected”(Gridmodel >Columns) mark it as “selector”(Gridmodel >Columns>Selector) and “hidden”(if you dont want the Field Visible).

Then inside your event of Choice add a Data-View-Condition.
Set “Dataview” to the Dataview that the grid is using.
Set Result to the Dataview that you want the list of selected rows to be added.
Expression set it to the “selected” column = true
set the Iterative Event to a Event you create that will run once for each Results dataview row. Despite the Itterative Event being marked as Required (*) this is a Lie propagated by Big Epicor and is not required the function will happily just populate a data view and not do a “Iterative event” on it.

1 Like

Hello,
I have a question, my dataview is landingpage,
when i try select the selectedrow and results into database matches. when I pass it to epicor function, it is empty. any ideas?

thanks,

Eddy

Sorry i do not quite understand what you are trying to achieve. if your referring to Epicor Functions (Function Maintenance) you need to provide it with the Inputs (I believe in JSON format) you specify in the Library for that function.

Hello Benny,
I follow the steps. but my grid is on the landingpage. it is in the payment entry. the grid is binding to the dataview called landing page. when I call Epicor Function and pass the dataset to epicor function, the dataset was empty.
that’s why I ask if dataview landingpage is special and i am not able to get the selected rows even the selection is enabled on the landingpage.

regards,

Eddy

If your Grid is using a Provider Model then My method will not work. its a known bug that you cant add custom columns to provider models. if you are not using a provider model then i sadly don’t have any experiences with landing pages. though most of the Epicor modules that are built in have one, so you can try to see how it done by opening up the customization on one.

the landing page is not using Provider Model .
it is build in module.
anyway, thanks for the information.

Regards,

Eddy