Getting a response of "undefined" when returning value from Function in Application Studio Event

In application studio, I have a simple button that on click calls an Epicor Function and returns 1 Response Parameter named “Debug” and no Input Parameters. However for some reason I keep getting a response of “undefined” when I try to get a result for {actionResult.Debug}. I can’t figure out why, any advice? The function library is published and permissions on the security tab in the function is also set correctly. I can retrieve the response successfully via the Epicor REST swagger page and python. Thanks.

I’m just posting an update for anyone who might come across this same issue. After banging my head against a wall repeatedly I have discovered this is an epicor bug. If you use the erp-function widget in application studio and select a function that contains a hyphen (-) in it’s name, the actionResult will always return undefined. I’ve submitted this to development. For now just don’t put hypens in your functions names…

5 Likes