Global Price Change

We’re are planning to implement a global price change due to increased costs. I am being told that Epicor has a function that will implement the changes to each part across the board eliminating the need to key punch each individual price update. Does anyone have experience with this function?

I would explore a DMT to do this. Pull all your parts perhaps with a BAQ if you dont have them handy and update.

1 Like

Hi,

I just did one over the new Year.

We are using price lists, so it was just case of exporting the price list and quantity breaks, updating the prices in Excel and then uploading the new prices using DMT, as per the last comment.

I’ve got a BAQ that exports the price list prices in a suitable DMT format if that helps.

IF you don’t use price lists, then it just a case of updating the price in the part record.

Cheers,

Andrew.

First of all, let me explain that I’m not and IT person. I am an accounting clerk who is being asked to do a task.

Is the DMT an add on? We are still in version 9 with no active support subscription.

I think DMT should be a canned option but don’t quote me. Your IT team can tell you for sure if you have it. I don’t think you will find it in your search menu. Ask them if you have the DMT (Data Migration Tool). If yes then tell them what you want to accomplish and ask them what data you need to provide for them to run the DMT. Should be fairly straightforward.

We don’t have an IT team. I’m on my own.

I have a BAQ that will extract all the part info I need to a spreadsheet. I just don’t know how to upload the new prices to the system without have to keypunch each individual item.

Laynie Veitch we have done this before for other customers. I can help if you’d like. email me at jim_chance@yahoo.com

There is a way to import price list but you would have to do it for each supplier/customer without a DMT. Remembering now you have to purchase the license for DMT.

Importing should be Suppler Price List> Actions> Import
Choose your supplier and browse for the file you have. Assuming it is in the correct format then it i will accept it and don’t forget to update the Effective date in the top left hand corner.
I’ll have to look up my notes on the Customer import.

Do you more than one price list.

No

We have just under 3700 items in our part file that need to be updated.

Is it just one customer/Vendor?

We only have one part file. Prices are the same across the board to every customer.

Easiest way is to export your current price list from Actions>Export. Make all the changes you want to make in it using Excel. Create a new price list and import this new file back into the new price list created above.

Attach the new price list to the customers or better still have the customer group.

You can also use Export to Excel in the list view of Price List and paste it back in the new price list.

I would really push for getting the DMT licence.

It is this best tool in this situation and also many mass data updates that you are likely to hit in the future.