Go Live

We are going live on Epicor October 1st. I am in the process of updating the pilot to copy to live. Does anyone have a checklist so I don’t miss anything?

Are you upgrading from another version of Epicor or NEW to Epicor? Have you been using Pilot for testing?

Do you have DMT?

I was given an Excel roadmap by our CAM a long time ago, but the roadmap was almost exactly the tree under Migration in the DMT. It was created by the same people.

[Edit] And I guess I forgot to add - I think they did a really good job with it. I used it as a guide when we brought another division into our ERP in 2020.

We are new to Epicor and are not using the pilot for testing. We used test. We are populating pilot and then copying to live without any transactions.

Yes, we do have the DMT and I think that will help. Thank you.

So Pilot is clean and has all your core data for setup files?

You sound like you are going in the right direction.

Having just gone Live from 9.05 to Kinetic Cloud, some key things learned before the Go Live were to use Solution Workbench for EVERYTHING you can, and Best Practice is to create solutions for Individual Things!
Don’t create a Solution File for ALL BAQ Reports or ALL Customizations.
A good chance it fails during import to your new LIVE environment and then you are toast, especially when they overwrite the PILOT again.
Create seperate files for each thing.
It took us 6 Hours to switch it all over on that weekend, then a month and a half of fixing other stuff, lol

Good Luck and Congrats!

1 Like

:point_up:

1 Like

Congrats George! Way to push through!

1 Like