Hand Held help Blank Title 125909

That's what I was afraid of... Thanks for your help sir! 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

You cannot move anything around in the Hand Held menu without reflection. You can customize anything to your hearts content but its staying put.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, <chan213419@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>Thanks Jose,</p><p><br></p><p style="font-style:normal;font-size:12.800000190734863px;background-color:transparent;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;">Ya I came across that while researching this. &nbsp;I&#39;m starting to believe it&#39;s more trouble than it&#39;s worth. &nbsp;What about customizing an existing .dll that has been designated as a HandHeld (HH) screen? &nbsp;Then I could try to attempt manipulating an existing hand held screen to do what I want it to do. &nbsp;Something tells me I might run into the same issue though when setting it up through menu maintenance.... &nbsp;What do you think?&nbsp;</p>

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jose@...> wrote:

No the hand held menu is hard coded into the DLL. You'll need to use reflection to inject a new menu item into it.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM, <chan213419@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>Hello,</p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it. &nbsp;Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users?&nbsp;</div>

Thanks,
Chan
</div>

<div style="color:#fff;"></div>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Hello,

Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it.  Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users? 

Thanks,
Chan
No the hand held menu is hard coded into the DLL. You'll need to use reflection to inject a new menu item into it.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Â
<div>

<p>Hello,</p><p></p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it.  Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users? </div>

Thanks,
Chan

</div>

Thanks Jose,

Ya I came across that while researching this.  I'm starting to believe it's more trouble than it's worth.  What about customizing an existing .dll that has been designated as a HandHeld (HH) screen?  Then I could try to attempt manipulating an existing hand held screen to do what I want it to do.  Something tells me I might run into the same issue though when setting it up through menu maintenance....  What do you think? 

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

<div>

<p>Hello,</p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it. &nbsp;Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users?&nbsp;</div>

Thanks,
Chan
</div>

You cannot move anything around in the Hand Held menu without reflection. You can customize anything to your hearts content but its staying put.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, <chan213419@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>Thanks Jose,</p><p><br></p><p style="font-style:normal;font-size:12.800000190734863px;background-color:transparent;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;">Ya I came across that while researching this.  I&#39;m starting to believe it&#39;s more trouble than it&#39;s worth.  What about customizing an existing .dll that has been designated as a HandHeld (HH) screen?  Then I could try to attempt manipulating an existing hand held screen to do what I want it to do.  Something tells me I might run into the same issue though when setting it up through menu maintenance....  What do you think? </p>

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

Â
<div>

<p>Hello,</p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it.  Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users? </div>

Thanks,
Chan
</div>

<div style="color:#fff;"></div>

</div>