Handheld customisation problem

It's a matter of preference, but I've found that if you delete the elements, you will find yourself with the same problem at some point over the course of working with that customization in the future. How it happens in the first place is beyond me, but to set it explicitly in the code, I have found it to be much more predicable of a result.

I have had success with setting it explicitly overriding a users personalizations. The example being someone managed to personalize a base handheld screen and it started showing up off their view able area. Needless to say the calls I got regarding "this stupid handheld is junk it keeps locking up!" were not worth the trouble of trying to allow Epicor to manage itself.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Edginton <stephene@...> wrote:
>
> Instead of setting the values just delete the XML elements, this will then revert to the standard position and work correctly.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Neil Buckman
> Sent: 20 November 2012 21:31
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Handheld customisation problem
>
>
>
> Much thanks,
>
> It worked as 0,0 except that on the normal PC screen it put in in the top left corner. So I get the location from the standard screen and entered that in the customisation and now it is all good.
>
> Again, much thanks.
>
> - Neil
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of jgiese1988
> Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:51 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Handheld customisation problem
>
> Open your customization > Click the form element at the top of the tree in the left hand side of the customization window > Set location to 0,0 and save.
>
> If that does not work go into the XML and modify that manually, then ensure that there are no anchor properties set on the form window.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "nbuckman@<mailto:nbuckman@><mailto:nbuckman@%3cmailto:nbuckman@%3e>" <nbuckman@<mailto:nbuckman@<mailto:nbuckman@%3cmailto:nbuckman@>>> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have customised the PackOut screen. the customisation works fine on a PC, but on a handheld device the screen cannot be seen because it has moved to the right and down a bit.
> >
> > If I try it in the handheld demo menu, the screen jumps out of the scanner window and floats above it.
> >
> > How can I get the customised screen to stay in the same palce as the uncustomised version? When it is opened in the customisation you can't move the form on the screen, but it is in the wrong place.
> >
> > - Neil
> >
>
> Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.
>
> The DH Gibson Group of Companies - http://www.gibsonshopfitters.com.au
>
> P Please consider our shared environment before printing this communication.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hello,

I have customised the PackOut screen. the customisation works fine on a PC, but on a handheld device the screen cannot be seen because it has moved to the right and down a bit.

If I try it in the handheld demo menu, the screen jumps out of the scanner window and floats above it.

How can I get the customised screen to stay in the same palce as the uncustomised version? When it is opened in the customisation you can't move the form on the screen, but it is in the wrong place.

- Neil
Open your customization > Click the form element at the top of the tree in the left hand side of the customization window > Set location to 0,0 and save.

If that does not work go into the XML and modify that manually, then ensure that there are no anchor properties set on the form window.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nbuckman@..." <nbuckman@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hello,
>
> I have customised the PackOut screen. the customisation works fine on a PC, but on a handheld device the screen cannot be seen because it has moved to the right and down a bit.
>
> If I try it in the handheld demo menu, the screen jumps out of the scanner window and floats above it.
>
> How can I get the customised screen to stay in the same palce as the uncustomised version? When it is opened in the customisation you can't move the form on the screen, but it is in the wrong place.
>
> - Neil
>
Much thanks,

It worked as 0,0 except that on the normal PC screen it put in in the top left corner. So I get the location from the standard screen and entered that in the customisation and now it is all good.

Again, much thanks.

- Neil

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jgiese1988
Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:51 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Handheld customisation problem

Open your customization > Click the form element at the top of the tree in the left hand side of the customization window > Set location to 0,0 and save.

If that does not work go into the XML and modify that manually, then ensure that there are no anchor properties set on the form window.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "nbuckman@...<mailto:nbuckman@...>" <nbuckman@...<mailto:nbuckman@...>> wrote:
>
>
> Hello,
>
> I have customised the PackOut screen. the customisation works fine on a PC, but on a handheld device the screen cannot be seen because it has moved to the right and down a bit.
>
> If I try it in the handheld demo menu, the screen jumps out of the scanner window and floats above it.
>
> How can I get the customised screen to stay in the same palce as the uncustomised version? When it is opened in the customisation you can't move the form on the screen, but it is in the wrong place.
>
> - Neil
>

Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.

The DH Gibson Group of Companies - http://www.gibsonshopfitters.com.au

P Please consider our shared environment before printing this communication.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Instead of setting the values just delete the XML elements, this will then revert to the standard position and work correctly.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Neil Buckman
Sent: 20 November 2012 21:31
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Handheld customisation problem

Much thanks,

It worked as 0,0 except that on the normal PC screen it put in in the top left corner. So I get the location from the standard screen and entered that in the customisation and now it is all good.

Again, much thanks.

- Neil

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of jgiese1988
Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:51 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Handheld customisation problem

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "nbuckman@...<mailto:nbuckman@...><mailto:nbuckman@...%3cmailto:nbuckman@...%3e>" <nbuckman@...<mailto:nbuckman@...<mailto:nbuckman@...%3cmailto:nbuckman@...>>> wrote:
>
>
> Hello,
>
>
>
>
> - Neil
>

Notice:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised and prohibited. The sender does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error, and any views expressed herein, unless specifically indicated otherwise, are those of the individual sender.

The DH Gibson Group of Companies - http://www.gibsonshopfitters.com.au

P Please consider our shared environment before printing this communication.