Has Epicor 10.3 been released?

We have a consultant doing a song and dance about the horrors of Epicor 10.3, that it is dependent on Microsoft Azure and not ready for prime time. However he has no affiliation with Epicor, and I cannot locate any information regarding this new major release (he insists he is not talking about 10.2.300) he likes to give scary information to our higher ups so they keep him around… is there any truth to this?

1 Like

There’s a very good chance that this person doesn’t know what he is talking about… I’d steer clear if I were you… If they are not affiliated with epicor that is the first red flag.

5 Likes

We are running 10.2.300.4 it seems to be stable the upgrade from 10.2.200.14 was seamless it went really well actually.

Thank you. Yes we just went live with 10.2.200.13, I’ll bump up to .300 soon but she is out to lunch…

Thanks Jose - we’ve worked on a couple of tickets before together I think. You were very helpful. So there is no 10.3 version that requires MS Azure? lol :slight_smile:

Is Epicor working to further integrate Azure? You bet… are they driving towards cloud native integration… absolutely… but anything beyond that is pure speculation, and there’s no way they are going to throw something together that isn’t " ready for prime time" nor are they going tank their flagship product by forcing everyone into azure in a point (service pack) release such as 10.3

Sounds to me like he/she is blowing smoke

4 Likes

Thanks Jose … It’s one of those things where you know the answer but the person talking sounds so confident one second guesses themselves. Have a nice evening!

1 Like

There is no public 10.3 roadmap at the moment.
Are we executing on leveraging the Cloud (Azure) better as described in the keynote at Insights last year?
Absolutely!

But if that person was paying attention, they would have heard that the cloud is there when the customer needs it, not as a requirement.

A good reference is SQL Server from MSFT. They have ‘Azure SQL’ in various flavors in the cloud today. They are actually running ‘SQL Server 2020’ if you looked at the version numbers. When are they releasing SQL 2020? Probably in the next year or two but no clue. They will bundle up the bits they have in the cloud and put it in a shrink wrapped box at some point for on premises installation and use.

That is logically what was presented to everyone with a lot of context on why, business applicability and rationalization, etc.

I would chalk up any FUD to misunderstanding but then many people use FUD to sell something…

4 Likes

@Bart_Elia - While I know no public 10.3 roadmap is out, based on the normal advertised delivery roadmap timelines, we should be seeing this sometime around Q2/Q3 next year, yes?

My company is working through an upgrade form 9.05 to 10.2 with an eye to go live on whatever is the latest, but personally I’m a little hesitant to go live on 10.3 (if it even exists then) until perhaps a 10.3.100.

At the same time we don’t want to go live on 10.2 if it won’t be receiving any more bug fixes from there, given that our point-release upgrade cadence internally looks to be 1 per year (from like 10.2.300 to 10.2.400 say)

The next release will be 10.2.400 it will be on our usual release schedule. Anyone that is talking about 10.3 is delusional and misguided.

We are not forcing people to use Azure we are investing in the product to make it the best platform to run your business, in the cloud or on premise. That means continued focus on security, performance, scalability, reliability, interoperability and of cause business functionality.

13 Likes

There you go @Dan_Flood. Epicor architect and Epicor VP straight from the horses mouth. Feel free quote them to your “consultant”. That aught to shut them up :joy:
Cheers

10 Likes

If I had to guess the fear is having to do with Kinetic which will be a big change no doubt, but not using new technology to compete with products like Acumatica is a recipe for being left in the dust. Only developing for current user bases won’t bring new sales into the pipeline, it’s all understandable change.

Believe it or not it DIDN’T shut them up! They now say that nobody here would know about this secret version 10.3 because it’s the SaaS version number… I swear I couldn’t even make this up. :laughing: I just said “Ah, ok…” Now I will really dumb if they were correct but I think one of you would have mentioned it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When the Epicor VP of Engineering make a statement up here, I’d kind of think that is rather definitive. Too funny.

9 Likes

lol I mean if you could get Himanshu to corroborate maybe that’ll be enough :smiley:

This thread cracks me up. :rofl:
Thanks for the lulz @Dan_Flood@

2 Likes

How did you not laugh in their face?!

Maybe your consultant is badman?

5 Likes

I agree with the others, this is an entertaining thread. @josecgomez usually speaks the gospel and when @Bart_Elia and @Edge chime in, you can go ahead and mail it to the Pope.

3 Likes

Just got an email today from Epicor… it looks like they’re creating something called the “Epicor Government Cloud” which will be ran on Microsoft Azure Government Cloud services. This is for their ITAR customers, and it’s designed to comply with NIST 800-171. I’m not sure about the other servers that Epicor’s SaaS uses but I imagine they’ll also be using Microsoft Azure (not necessarily the Government Cloud version).