Home Office Setups

@Hari_Dutt where is your command center?

Looks like it just raises the monitor :frowning:

Edit

Some other pictures show that the seat back can go back too. Just not all the way down flat.

Still no badge. :frowning_face: I have honestly read every post in the thread.

Still, this was a really cool idea @jgiese.wci. I have thoroughly enjoyed everyone’s pics.

1 Like

I’ve not gotten one either. Not sure what the trigger is.

Just got mine, I just went offline for 12hrs came back and got it. I guess you must read, sleep and wake up then you get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

go with a gamer chair… hands down the best ever. Several brands i know are good, EWin, killabee etc.

here’s mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DN73ZTJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Back in 1986, one of my college roommates (a comp sci major) had this kind.

(not shown is the original Apple Mac we all had :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! My Dad had one of those! (He might even still have it.) Us kids loved sitting on it! And coincidentally he was a computer science major during that time. :wink: He was running his own bulletin board which he proudly reminds us often. :heart:

I’m embarrassed to say that my home office chair is an old Pleather? Staples chair which is now starting to disintegrate. It will probably give me butt cheek cancer or something. If I took a picture of it you would first gasp in horror and then laugh hysterically at the sight. :rofl: It’s honestly still really comfortable and it definitely is well broken-in but what do you do with an old office chair that still does the job but is just unsightly? I guess tell NO ONE about it, throw a blanket over it when guests visit, and keep using it cause you are the only one who sees it and all that matters is you don’t have back problems. Maybe if I took a picture of it and posted it here you guys would feel so sorry for me you’d take up collection to buy a new one. :smile: Looking at all of these fancy shmancy chairs I think it might be time to buy a new one! :blush:

I guess I could always ask my Dad for his old kneeling chair! :smiley:

2 Likes

Buy a new one? How much duct tape does the old have on it?

None? that’s what I thought… :wink:

1 Like

I’m just picturing needing to get up in a hurry and busting your face on the floor or desk. I’m scared to death to think of sitting in that thing.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to update and go virtual for a long time but just haven’t gotten around to it.
My setup is definitely showing its age.
Besides being old, it’s a pain to keep things clean and my utility company keeps reminding me that I suck the most juice on my block. However, until something finally fails I’ll probably keep using…
One main laptop & a backup, misc. systems around the house and an old DNS-343 for storage. Cat 5 and connect via RDP/VNC.
HomeCompute

3 Likes

Here is another option:

I don’t see how that can be comfortable to work from.

So geek there @bordway! :wink:

Those are like the yoga balls people use, they’ll hurt your back unless you really sit up straight. They do not stop you from slouching just punishes you more!

Pretty sure i’d forget to balance myself and fall over :rofl:

More a tendency to have an afternoon nap :sleeping:

@ERPSysAdmin I have one of those too! Whose do you think is worse? Lol

2 Likes

LOLRH! Oh no! I’m so sorry! Well…every time I turn in my chair the chair piston sinks it all the way down! Do I win!? :weary: (That is just a recent development.) I’ve sees videos online showing how to fix it but I should probably give up and get a new chair. But like Calvin said I haven’t applied any duct tape to it yet so it’s still like new! :wink: I’ll have to take a picture and post it after I get my new chair. I’d be too embarrased to post it just yet. LOLRH! :laughing:

1 Like