How can I attach an external file to an SSRS email in breaking and routing?

One of our companies wants their standard terms and conditions attached to the Sales Order Acknowledgement before they send it out. I have gotten the body of the email working fine, the SOA is attached fine, but I can’t seem to get the external document attached. The document is on the server. I don’t get any error, it just doesn’t attach. I had hoped it would be simple, but apparently I was wrong :slight_smile:

Who were doing the attachment in the Break/Routing?

We ended up having to just add T&C to the actual OrderAck RDL.

I was hoping to avoid doing it that way. The footer is in use, so the document really needs to be added afterwards. It’s a 4 page PDF, it’s much to long to easily embed.

Whoops… meant to ask “How are you adding the attachment in Break/Routing designer?”

I’ve played with the “Add DocStar Attchment” widget, but not exactly sure how it’s supposed to work. Seems like that is an “endpoint” widget, meaning you can’t add anything after it.

edit

And since we don’t have DocStar I can’t really test it. :frowning:

I was hoping I could take it on the end of the attachment containing the SOA itself.

But that didn’t work with a ; or a ,. (was thinking email address appending)

I think that field is used to name the attachment generated by SSRS.

Prior discussions on this topic yielded that most people put a link to your website for a PDF of your T&C.

You need Advanced Print Management (APM).

We have APR, which I think replaces APM. I haven’t really used it, but our invoicing goes out through it. Would that be able to add external attachments?

In APR you put attachments into the Company folder. Then call them from APR. We are doing this with Docstar housing the attachments but the same theory applies.

1 Like

Hi Marjorie,

Did you ever figure out how to attach documents to an APR style report. We too are using attachment which are stored on the server file system. DocStar was too expensive.

Thanks,
Mazin

Hi Chris,

I am not sure I understand you solution. We too are using attachments which are stored on the server file system. DocStar was too expensive.

Mazin

What we ended up doing was attaching a URL link to the Terms and Conditions and hosting them on a server. This worked fine, and probably saves inbox space. So a work around, not a true solution.