How can I default the Oder Date to system date

How can I default the order date to the system date when they enter the initial order.? I will also be setting the field to not allow changes by user.

A Data Directive on the OrderHed table would be an easy way. Here’s a similar solution:

it is already defaulting to the system date. But when I try to disable the field from them checking it, I save and go back in to check and its defaulted back to enable again

Are you disabling it in a customization you mean? So no one can change it?

When I want a field to stay read only, I usually make a new control (in this case an epiDateTimeEditor) which is bound to the field and hide the original control. (since we can’t attach code to the original). Then I use the Event Wizard to add a BackColorChanged event which simply checks if the field is ReadOnly, and sets it to ReadOnly if it’s not already set that way. In the Notify for that Table, set the field manually to ReadOnly. When ever that record is modified and Epicor wants to enable that field, the BackColorChanged event will fire and force the field back to ReadOnly.

The “Modify Extended Properties” customization wizard is another way to achieve this.