How to add context menu to solution?

I have created the context menu but can’t add it to the solution when building:

When i build the solution i want to add it:

After adding I can’t see it anywhere

Thank you very much have a nice day! :grinning: :grinning: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue.

You might need to create a new Solution Element using Solution Element Entry and base it off Customization, and change the Key

Look at what Customization has and do the same for Context Menu, because the Customized Context Menus live inside Ice.XXXDef just like a Customization.

You may even have to base it of Ice.XXXDef because when you Customize a ContextMenu it adds the entirety of Epicor XML in addition with your overrides inside a single row, if I recall.

SELECT * FROM Ice.XXXDef WHERE TypeCode = 'ContextMenu'
select Content, * from Ice.XXXDef where Key1 = 'CustomContextMenu'

More Details on Tables

Context Menu information is not stored in the Ice.ContextMenu table, and Context Menu Items are not stored in the Ice.ContextMenuItem table.

Base Context Menus are stored in the GenX table as a single xml document. And the following SQL Query can be use to obtain that information:

select Content, Company from Ice.XXXDef
where TypeCode = ‘ContextMenu’

If a Base Context Menu is either Personalized or Customized, then that change is also added to the GenX table as a Personalized or Customized Context Menu. And the following SQL Script can be used to obtain that information:

select Content, * from Ice.XXXDef
where Key1 = ‘CustomContextMenu’

2 Likes