How to add new records using BPM

I have 3 Misc Charges that I’ve been able to a Quote Detail line. The are 3 specific misc charges that come come from the MscChrg table. This may not be the best way to do this, but I’m using the post processing directive of the part number entry (because the part number is required before the Misc Charges can be entered). So, the Fill Table by Query enters each new Misc Charge to the quote line. However, pressing save on the Quote, close the Quote, when reloading he quote, the Misc Charges are missing.

The values I’ve placed into the ttQuoteMisc table are correct as I display them in the Show Message process … but they do display differently within the grid of the quote.

What am I missing that will save my record entries to the quote?

Which method? Update, I am assuming.
Since it’s in the post, you likely need to create and save your changes before the post directive completes.

Adam, thank you for your response.

I now have my directive adding and saving my new records 99.99% the way I need it to. What I’m confused about now is I’m properly reading the MscChrg table for a specific record using the ‘Fill Table by Query’. In that record is an amount value of 500.00. I map that field to the proper (or what I understand to be the proper) field in the ttQuoteMsc table. That field is coming from the dropdown list … but isn’t saving.

… pretty weird.

Ok … I was mapping to the wrong fields. :worried: … I got bit by the Assume Bug. It’s all working now and thanks again for reading and responding to my post.

… this has been a huge learning experience using Method Directives.