How To: Adding Columns to Existing Kinetic Grid

the Layer is somewhat working the row-update widget is writing to the matches dataview however it setting the value to [object Object]

from the debugging console:
dataview.setAsync complete. epBinding : matches.MyAddedColumn is set with value : [object Object]

You’re not using “MyAddedColumn”, right? You’re using the column from the dataset returned? For instance, if I’m getting the description from Part, you have it set to matches.PartDescription?

The EpiBinding is matches.MyAddedColumn and the value comes from rest data column

The EpiBinding shouldn’t literally say “MyAddedColumn”–that’s just a generic placeholder.
It should be the true field name from your dataset. For example, the name of the field from my BAQView is Part_RunOut.

I had the value field set incorrectly I had {“view”:“column”}
instead of “{view.column}”

Thanks for your help and patience

1 Like

This is horrible. Don’t do this.
SO many events to change references on.

What base event in time phase did you use @bw2868bond to call your iterate event above?

I used a custom button click event to go fetch the relevant data – I never could get it to run correctly without

I have since given up on that as it appears there is no way in a very warm place the users here will ever go to the Kinetic UX

1 Like

Did you manage to replace original View with BAQ? (especially for LandingPage, with some trick for original columns names, so original logic will be not broken?)

Hello Hannah,

So how I should create an iteration event? Is it a simple event or do I need to do some config to run it in a loop?

Did you follow these steps from the first post?

Hello Hannah,

It works for me but only for 1st row. For the second row I am getting undefined values even though I see values coming through in debugging. Any Idea?

This is debugging result:

Use CTRL+ALT+V to view the dataview.
Look at your csm_PartLotBAQ view and verify there’s a row that meets these filters you have set.

Seems only one row came there. Don’t know why? There should be second row too

And in this view, how many rows meet the expression you defined in your iteration?

This is actually the trigger point of the Qty Adjustment form. The “60000” partnum you see is the SelectedPartNum. so I put ‘abc’ since there is no ‘abc’ part in the system.

How are you loading data into csm_PartLotBAQ?

Using the custom BAQ.