How to Create a Blank Kinetic Form?

Anyone know how to create a blank Kinetic form with no underlying dataset? In the old forms I used to put a customization on a UD Table form and then just delete all the controls. However it seems with Kinetic I can’t delete the root node so I can’t seem to be able to get the desired result. I would like to be able to just create some blank kinetic forms and add some textboxes and labels to it along with some graphics and things like that. Thanks.

3 Likes

That was a way to create new screens and functionality without needing the SDK, if we lose this ability that will make thing interesting.

1 Like

Sounds like a great use for a dashboard? A Kinetic Dashboard with a tracker panel?

Have you found a way to to create a blank Kinetic form?

I tried to deploy a Kinetic Dashboard and creating a layer. Problem is that binding any field (inputs, buttons) to TransView makes the field read-only. TransView does not seem to be initialized.

In every Epicor screen, there is an Event called “SysInitTransView”. Event is not created when deploying a Kinetic Dashboard, and I don’t know how to initialize it by myself.