How To: Debugging Kinetic (Browser)

For the method directives, you can see the data going into, and out of the method
directives being called. Anything else you’ll either have to find a log for (if it’s logged),
or log it yourself.

For data directives, as far as I know, unless it’s buried in a log somewhere, you are
on your own.

@klincecum … I’m not seeing it, would you mind screen snapshotting an example to I can get a better understanding ?

thx

Press F12 in the browser on the Kinetic Screen, go to network tab.
Open an app or do some actions.

You’ll see something like this:

ok, yeah, I was seeing that, however I did not see the “payload” and “response” tabs,
those make the input and output of the METHOD more clear

you had said:
“For the method directives, you can see the data going into, and out of the method
directives being called. Anything else you’ll either have to find a log for (if it’s logged),
or log it yourself.”

But isn’t it really a combination data going into and out of both the Method call and the combination of all directives attached to that method ?

I was really liking the info F12 was providing for the events and REST calls, so I guess I came expect it would also show the directive’s details, that’s kind of a bummer…maybe in the future

I would really like that. For now, logging is our best bet.

Yes, the data in the payload, and/or the url is the input before pre-processing
and the response is the output after post-processing.

1 Like

Not yet, but it’s coming. Possibly 2023.1 from what I hear.

2 Likes

Hello @hmwillett i am trying to convert handheld menu forms in kinetic app. Is there any way to trigger an button click with the help of shortcut keys on keyboard like F1, F2, Esc, etc…

Our solution to some of the built in shortcomings. Kinetic Trace Helper Utility 1.0 (Kinetic Web) Chrome Extension - #29 by spaceage

2 Likes