How to delete Kinetic Dashboard?

Does anybody know how to delete a Kinetic Application?

I checked in the classic version of Dashboard Maintenance and didn’t see any of my Kinetic Dashboards just a list of Classic ones.

Wow–for once I couldn’t find a workaround for this.
You may be stuck for now. In 2023.1 they allow you to delete apps and layers from that screen.
2023 uses ErpMetaFx.BulkDeleteLayers which works great.
No such method in versions < 2023.

Tried playing with ErpMetaFx.DeleteApp and it expects an app of type Configurator–lame.
Tried ErpMetaFx.DeleteLayer and it requires a DeviceType which the dashboards doesn’t have.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. I don’t mind waiting for 2023.1. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy or missing something.

1 Like

OK, it’s not just me! I saw that the other day but I was just testing stuff in dev, so I didn’t give it much thought.

I’m expecting a lot from 2023.1…

Application Studio in 2022 is a bit of a hot mess.

That’s probably not a good idea. You’ll just get heartbroken. :sweat_smile::broken_heart:

Just spent my day trying to create an application using the wizard, to display a BAQ. (ie basically a readonly dashboard- but without the dodgy Kinetic UI dashboard framework)

Everytime I do it, something different doesn’t quite work:

• latest: BAQ preview shows correct data (4 rows), but the application, hot off the app wizard with no additional filtering or customization, shows no data.
  • TransView filters work in one version of the application, then don’t in the next… can’t see any differences. Maybe sensitive to the order in which i create the TransView dataview vs the bound components…dunno…
  • I thought maybe my subquery name was to long in the BAQ, overflowing some string buffers in the app wizard, but can’t rename it, as soon as i remove it from the top level query, the baq won’t save: “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘DBSchemaName’)”

I was giving my dead-end broken applications meaningful names, but have run out of those, and as we can’t delete or rename them, I’m just numbering them now. Maybe something will work before I get to double digits.

Need beer, now. And maybe a hug.

Ask EpiCare - They might be able to help. At least push to get a datafix to delete those layers! Might not get the beer, though. And @klincecum is giving out hugs @ Insights!

1 Like

Does anyone know what table the BASE layers are stored in for dashboards? I’m trying to add it to a BAQ but XXXDef only has customized layers not the Dashboard BASE Generated ones from what I can tell.