How To: Kinetic Dashboard Uplifts

Okay, creating that other event has allowed me to enter data in the fields. My search is sorta working. Thanks for the help getting this far.

How do I do a date range? I have two invoice date fields (From and To). I want to search between two dates. If there’s another topic that covers that, I haven’t found it by searching.

See if this is helpful: Data View Date Range Filter - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Definitely bookmarking this post for future use. Thanks Hannah!

Got to love this low-code, no-code application studio. :wink:

“Low code” be like:

dj snake wtf GIF by Dillon Francis

I felt like I was getting somewhere, but now have this odd dropdown box in the Query grid and and error when I Preview

I feel like I’m being a pest here and greatly appreciate the community! Someday I hope I can contribute rather than always asking questions.

Ope, small correction from that post I linked.
Don’t set those properties in the view options (delete those if you have), set them in you grid’s Data > Grid Model > Provider Model.

I thought that was the problem sometime around 3AM when I couldn’t sleep because I kept thinking about this.

I started over from the beginning this morning with a new layer. Currently my date range works (thanks for the help there!), but the CustID field isn’t allowing me to enter data into it (in the new Tracker Panel I added). I copied it over from the original search slide-out screen and haven’t made any changes to its EpiBinding. I have it on the Grid Model>Provider Model>BAQ Options>Where List

I have it in the ce_ResetTheRest event with “” as the Expression.

OMG! the 6th time is the charm.

I don’t know what I did differently than all the other attemps, but I just got this to work!

The only thing that doesn’t work is the ‘Reset Search’ button. The fields aren’t cleared when I click that button (and I don’t know if I care right now).

2 Likes

Are they date fields?
Those require their own event.
For what it’s worth, that got fixed I a later version.

1 Like

Two are date fields and one is the CustID.

1 Like

I followed this and everytime i launch this Dashbaord i keep getting the tracker view to show up and not sure how to hide it. Im on version 2023.2.4

1 Like

Same here; thought it was just me, or the older version I am on.

Also, is it just me, or am I the only one who does not have a Form_OnLoad event in a dashboard? Is that a 2023 thing?

Whoops, missed that bit!

Just rename the tracker panel to something else!

1 Like

Depends on the form and how it was created.
Most of the time it’s there.
If it’s not, set your trigger to be Window > On Load instead of Event > After > Form_OnLoad

1 Like

Now im getting this :cry:

Do you have server access to check your event viewer?

here is the event viewer

Ice.Common.EpicorServerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Helper.Translation.GenerateTranslatableText(String metaFilePath, String _type, LayerRequest layerRequest, String pageName, Boolean shouldConvertToHierarchicalStructure) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\Helper\Translation.cs:line 198
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Helper.Translation.<>c__DisplayClass37_1.<ExtractTranslatableText>b__6() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\Helper\Translation.cs:line 119
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Cache.FileCacheService.SaveDataToFile[T](Func`1 getDataFunc, String fullPath, Boolean fileCheck) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\Cache\FileCacheService.cs:line 175
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Cache.FileCacheService.Get[T](String itemName, Func`1 getDataFunc, Boolean fileCheck) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\Cache\FileCacheService.cs:line 61
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Helper.Translation.ExtractTranslatableText(String metaFilePath, String _type, LayerRequest layerRequest, Boolean baseStrings, String mode) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\Helper\Translation.cs:line 98
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.ViewManager.ExtractTranslationStrings(String viewid, String mode, LayerRequest layerRequest, Boolean baseStrings) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\ViewManager.cs:line 441
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.ViewManager.GetView(EpMetaFxRequest request, String culture, Func`3 localizedStringsFunc, LayerRequest layerRequest) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\ViewManager.cs:line 0
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.ViewManager.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<LoadViews>b__0() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\ViewManager.cs:line 148
   at Ice.Services.Common.MetaFX.DBCacheService.Get[T](String itemName, Func`1 getDataFunc, Boolean fileCheck) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\Ice.Common.MetaFX\ContentLoader\DBCacheService.cs:line 254
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.ViewManager.LoadViews(EpMetaFxRequest request, Func`1 currentCultureName, Func`3 localizedStringsFunc, Boolean applyPersonalization, Boolean applyPatches, Boolean includeUnPublishedLayers) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\ViewManager.cs:line 169
   at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.ViewManager.Load(EpMetaFxRequest request, Func`1 currentCultureName, Func`3 localizedStringsFunc) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Shared\Lib\Epicor.MetaFX.Core\ViewManager.cs:line 87
   at Ice.Services.Lib.MetaFXSvc.GetApp(EpMetaFxRequest request) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Services\Lib\MetaFX\MetaFX.cs:line 120
   at Ice.Services.Lib.MetaFXSvcFacade.GetApp(EpMetaFxRequest request) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Services\Lib\MetaFX\MetaFXSvcFacade.cs:line 80   at Ice.Hosting.RestApi.OperationInvokeHelper.CallInvoker(Type svcType, MethodInfo mi, Object[] inputs, Boolean isRoot, IceDataContext dataContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\RestApi\OperationInvokeHelper.cs:line 403
   at Ice.Hosting.RestApi.OperationInvokeHelper.MakeServiceCall(IceDataContext dataContext, Type svcType, MethodInfo mi, Object[] parameters) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\RestApi\OperationInvokeHelper.cs:line 356
   at Ice.Hosting.RestApi.OperationInvokeHelper.CallCustomMethod(String serviceName, MethodInfo mi, Object[] paramList) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\RestApi\OperationInvokeHelper.cs:line 306
   at Epicor.RESTApi.DataSources.CustomMethodCaller.CallMethodWithDynamicData(String serviceId, String methodName, IInputParamResolver inputResolver, Action`1 headersPublisher, Action`1 verifyMethod) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.RESTApi.Common\DataSources\Main\CustomMethodCaller.cs:line 74
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.Controllers.ServiceMethodCallControllerBase.HandleServiceMethodCall(String serviceId, String methodName, IInputParamResolver inputResolver, Action`1 verifyMethod) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Controllers\ServiceMethodCallControllerBase.cs:line 62
   at Epicor.OData.V3.Controllers.CustomActionController.HandleCustomMethodCall(IInputParamResolver inputResolver, Action`1 verifyMethod) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\RestApi\Epicor.OData.AspNetCore.V3\Controllers\CustomActionController.cs:line 53
   at lambda_method1494(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|20_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.Middleware.DynamicAssemblyPartMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, CurrentCallInformationService currentCallInformation, ControllerLoader controllerLoader) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Middleware\DynamicAssemblyPartMiddleware.cs:line 33
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.ETags.ETagMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\ETags\ETagMiddleware.cs:line 110
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.ETags.ETagMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\ETags\ETagMiddleware.cs:line 110
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.Middleware.DecompressRequestMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Middleware\DecompressRequestMiddleware.cs:line 42
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.Middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext httpContext, CurrentCallInformationService callInformation) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Middleware\AuthenticationMiddleware.cs:line 83
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.Middleware.CallHeaderMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext httpContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Middleware\CallHeaderMiddleware.cs:line 52
   at Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore.Middleware.OperationDisposerMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext httpContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Middleware\OperationDisposerMiddleware.cs:line 34
   at Epicor.RESTApi.Middleware.ApiKeyEnforcerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.4\Source\Server\Hosting\AspNetCore\Ice.Hosting.AspNetCore\Middleware\ApiKeyEnforcerMiddleware.cs:line 79
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
CorrelationId: 3f04f52c-bcd8-497b-98a5-982840dbbbe2

Do you have translation modules?

I just verified changing the name still works in the version you’re on, so you’ve got another thing that’s causing issues.

Actually, for funsies, I just deleted the tracker panel entirely and that now works in 2023.2.4!

I dont have any translation modules in our environment.

okay i will be doing some investigation on that then. I have also tried deleting it and getting same error messages