How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - da

If I recall correctly, you can modify the XML file that Epicor outputs and change the data types (just once) to match what you need. Do your linking and then it will work for future runs without this change. Its just crystal being grumpy

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Mike Abell mabell@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><div><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;">Yea, that’s the route I know can take BUT since the TranGLC table is so HUGE, the processing time to use TranGLC in the subreport may be wayyyyy too long since I’m going to be returning hundreds of rows of data in the main report  (Open PO #’s).  Might be my only option though..Thanks though!!!<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;"><u></u> <u></u></span></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;">Mike..<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;"><u></u> <u></u></span></p><div><div style="border-top:solid #e1e1e1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in;"><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;"> <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a> [mailto:<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>] <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 08, 2016 4:18 PM<br><b>To:</b> &#39;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>&#39;<br><b>Subject:</b> [Vantage] RE: How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - data types not the same on Key1,Key2,Key3<u></u><u></u></span></p></div></div><span class="ygrps-yiv-982368520"><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><u></u> <u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal">  <u></u><u></u></p><div><div><div><div><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;">You can use subreports; create calculated fields in the main report to match/link to the variable type in the subreport. Reduce the subreport to just the info you need to bring into the main report.</span><u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;"> </span><u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;"> </span><u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;"> </span><u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;"> </span><u></u><u></u></p><div><div style="border-top:solid #b5c4df 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in;"><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;"> <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a> [<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com</a>] <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 08, 2016 4:52 PM<br><b>To:</b> <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com">vantage@yahoogroups.com</a><br><b>Subject:</b> [Vantage] How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - data types not the same on Key1,Key2,Key3</span><u></u><u></u></p></div></div><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"> <u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal">  <u></u><u></u></p><div><div><div><div><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal">I’m trying to write a report in Epicor9 that will show me the account numbers entered on a Purchase Order.   This information is in the TranGLC table in Epicor9.   They key1 field in TranGLC relates to PORel.POnum, key2 field relates to PORel.Line and key 3 field relates to PORel.Rel#.  The problem is each of the “keyX” fields are a “string” datatype and all of the fields I need to link with (PO#,POLine,PORel) are number fields so it won’t let me link due to them not being the same.  How are we supposed to get around this in Epicor9?????<u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"> <u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;">Best regards<br><br>Mike Abell</span><u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;">IT Manager<br><br></span><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:#002d72;">Flexial Corporation</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;"><br></span><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:#002d72;">a company of BOA Group</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;"><br>1483 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506, USA<br><br>Phone:    <a rel="nofollow">+1 931 432 8408</a><br>Fax:        <a rel="nofollow">+1 931 432 1889</a></span><span style="font-size:8.0pt;color:black;"><br></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;">Mail:        <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:mabell@...">mabell@...</a></span><span style="font-size:8.0pt;color:black;"><br></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;">Website:  </span><span style="color:black;"><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.flexial.com/"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;text-decoration:none;">http://www.flexial.com</span></a></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;"><br>               http://</span><span style="color:black;"><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.boagroup.com/"><span lang="DE" style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black;text-decoration:none;">www.boagroup.com</span></a></span><u></u><u></u></p><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"> <u></u><u></u></p></div></div></div><div><p>The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or is not the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Ferguson Perforating immediately by telephone or reply by e-mail and then promptly delete the message. Thank-you.<u></u><u></u></p></div></div></div></div><div><p class="ygrps-yiv-982368520MsoNormal"><span style="color:white;"><u></u><u></u></span></p></div></div></div></span></div><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I’m trying to write a report in Epicor9 that will show me the account numbers entered on a Purchase Order.   This information is in the TranGLC table in Epicor9.   They key1 field in TranGLC relates to PORel.POnum, key2 field relates to PORel.Line and key 3 field relates to PORel.Rel#.  The problem is each of the “keyX” fields are a “string” datatype and all of the fields I need to link with (PO#,POLine,PORel) are number fields so it won’t let me link due to them not being the same.  How are we supposed to get around this in Epicor9?????

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group
1483 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506, USA

Phone:    +1 931 432 8408
Fax:        +1 931 432 1889

Mail:        mabell@...
               http://
www.boagroup.com

I can link these in BAQ Designer, I’m on version 9.05.702..

Patrick

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 15:52
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - data types not the same on Key1,Key2,Key3

I’m trying to write a report in Epicor9 that will show me the account numbers entered on a Purchase Order.   This information is in the TranGLC table in Epicor9.   They key1 field in TranGLC relates to PORel.POnum, key2 field relates to PORel.Line and key 3 field relates to PORel.Rel#.  The problem is each of the “keyX” fields are a “string” datatype and all of the fields I need to link with (PO#,POLine,PORel) are number fields so it won’t let me link due to them not being the same.  How are we supposed to get around this in Epicor9?????

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group

www.boagroup.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.   ­­  

I’m trying to do it within Crystal Reports..Not sure why that would be any different but I KNOW the datatypes aren’t the same…

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 4:03 PM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - data types not the same on Key1,Key2,Key3

I can link these in BAQ Designer, I’m on version 9.05.702..

Patrick

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 15:52
Subject: [Vantage] How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - data types not the same on Key1,Key2,Key3

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group

www.boagroup.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.   ­­  

You can use subreports; create calculated fields in the main report to match/link to the variable type in the subreport. Reduce the subreport to just the info you need to bring into the main report.

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 4:52 PM

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group

www.boagroup.com

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or is not the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Ferguson Perforating immediately by telephone or reply by e-mail and then promptly delete the message. Thank-you.

Yea, that’s the route I know can take BUT since the TranGLC table is so HUGE, the processing time to use TranGLC in the subreport may be wayyyyy too long since I’m going to be returning hundreds of rows of data in the main report  (Open PO #’s).  Might be my only option though..Thanks though!!!

Mike..

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 4:18 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: [Vantage] RE: How to link PORel to TranGLC table for reporting in Epicor9 - data types not the same on Key1,Key2,Key3

You can use subreports; create calculated fields in the main report to match/link to the variable type in the subreport. Reduce the subreport to just the info you need to bring into the main report.

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 4:52 PM

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group

www.boagroup.com

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or is not the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Ferguson Perforating immediately by telephone or reply by e-mail and then promptly delete the message. Thank-you.