How to pass dynamic filter to combo box - Kinetic

I read all topics related to parameter in combo box and did not found my scenario which seems to be basic one.
What I want to get is to filter combo by column from other dataview.
Configuration for one of my attempts is following:

and result:

Either I am receiving list of all warehouses (not filtered) or nothing because {Constant.CurrentPlant} is not translated correctly to string.

Womp womp.

You can’t.

I got in some ears with some folks at Epicor about the necessity for this and they said “we’ll see what we can do”.

The painful workaround is to bind your combo to a dataview, then you create an event for that combo box and call the dataview-filter-set and filter it with that.
I think I had something around that showed that. Lemme see if I can dig it up.

Post #13: BAQ Combo customization - how to convert from Classic to Kinetic - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

1 Like

(Epicor) I thought that this should be a basic functionality?
Anyway I did it as you suggested. Thank you.

1 Like

Honestly, you should probably toss out any expectations of how things should work. I have said that phrase to myself more times than I can count and at this point, I just kind of go “Yup. That tracks… :face_exhaling:

Kinetic is a bit like a toddler going to college. It’s cute and adorable at first, but in the end, it’s just underdeveloped, frustrating, and not ready for where it’s at.

3 Likes

Fully agree.

This is true for ANY software I’ve ever used. In fact, my better half has a saying:

“Expectations are unborn resentments.”

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky