How to Set Default Value for Column - Allow in Current Site for Operations

Hi everyone, I am trying to set the “Allow in Current Site” field in Operations to default to True. Was wondering what the best way to about this would be.

Currently, I have added the Static Filter AllowCurPlant = true as a customization under the LandingPage data view.

This works for most of our Sites except the one that is alphabetically last, because not all records are preloaded. Once I click the Download button to preload all records, then it works.

I’m sure there’s a better way to do this, whether it’s somewhere else in Application Studio or with a BPM… any suggestions?

TIA!

Welcome @snorton

The only way I know of adding an Operation to a site is by entering the site and opening Operation Maintenance. Then you can add a new scheduling resource and that will add it to the site. Other than that, I would be concerned that the Operation would not have a valid scheduling resource behind it.

Thanks John! Sorry I should have clarified; I understand operations are not specific. We have them named so that each operation starts with a certain character for each site. I am more so looking for a way to default toggle the “Allow in Current Site” field on the landing page so that a user only sees their own operations.

I have amended my topic header to reflect this, sorry for the confusion.

have you tried applying the filter and saving layouts or are you concerned the users will undo that?

I do not think you can control that field, I believe it is unchecked when the operation does not have a scheduling requirement for the site you are in and is checked when you do. Have you checked the help on that field?

Yes I am trying to default the filter so that only the ones that have the scheduling requirement for the current site (and therefore flagged by the system as “allowed in current site”) appear. We have named our operations with site specific prefixes (AM., AC. etc) to tell them apart.

Yes, but that gives me an error as this column isn’t filterable until after I have clicked the download button to preload all the operations.

Have you thought about doing a Row Rule to highlight or only show the rows that are allowed? If you are having trouble with a filter, a Row Rule might be easier.

No but I will try that, thank you John!