I think we made a mistake going with Epicor

love this!!!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Epicor/Kinetic Wiki file

Yep. Any company that bases their business model around consulting and certifications has a perverse incentive to make their products complicated and unintuitive. They’re hiding their TCO.

But it’s not just Epicor. If you come from an Open Source background, you expect good design, good documentation, direct communication with developers, quick bug fixes, and the ability to fix things yourself. Not that everything Open Source is good. But for any need, there are twenty options, and usually one of them is quite good.

The world of business software is a major culture shock. It’s unfathomable that anyone would ever pay a single penny for Epicor… or Salesforce, or Office, or Windows for that matter. Yet companies do. And they suffer for it, but it’s like they have no idea how bad they’re suffering. It’s normal to them. The loss to the economy must be astronomical.

1 Like

All right we all like a good gripe session but this has turned into a Echo Chamber of me too’s and what ifs. So I think we are going to close this thread down, it has served its purpose.

Epicor isn’t perfect we know that, no software is as @KevinK so eloquently put it (we are still waiting on that ERP you are going to write to save us all budy!! Chop Chop :grin:). But it is a good product that is incredibly flexible and it has an amazing community of users behind it that use it every day and are more than willing to help each-other out.

@anon99908839 I’m not even sure if you are still paying attention but if you need some help with specific issues please feel free to start a new thread and we’ll gladly help you out. I think you’ve gotten some valuable feedback and I do believe that Epicor can work if you take the time to learn the tool, get the right partners involved (if needed) and a little elbow grease. At the same time there could be a different / better system out there for you and that’s okay too.

18 Likes