I think we made a mistake going with Epicor

13 employees? Oh my.
I don’t think you can cover all the department responsibilities of epicor with that many people. I have no idea what you do though.

I would hire a full-time consultant for 6 months to a year if you’re struggling and do not want it to be your primary job.

Build a decent integration with a partner doing well in the CRM space- while it might be better for their bottom line to develop and sell their own CRM, I am hoping they keep going the route they are going with BI (not the switching partners thing), where they partner with someone who’s product is better than anything they could produce internally and build out an integration.

Examples:

• Quick Ship - integrates with UPS and Fedex.

• FreightQuote - Rate shopping for LTL

• EDA - Using phocus and now grow (maybe) to do the visualization piece.

2 Likes

Robotic automation. Lots of custom systems with lots of parts/pieces that are custom built (machined, fabricated, etc). Also have a standard product line, spare parts, etc.

We were told by our integration sales team that Epicor was a perfect fit for this. We were shown some canned project/job demos, some of the accounting functionality, typical sales presentation.

We stressed that we’re a small company and don’t have an IT team to put onto this system, it’ll be 3 or 4 of us using it.

I hope we aren’t sunk because of this decision.

Are you 365 users?

Information Worker is built on the older plug-in model. So you won’t be able to use it outside of the Outlook client (web or mobile). Just an FYI.

1 Like

Ha. Yea 365 user… so it’s not going to work.

Thanks for that info!

AFAIK, the Connect CX solution also works with only the Outlook desktop client.

Tried working with the system today for some practice. Did a quote of some manufactured items - however I don’t have a BOM/MOM built for the item itself, I really want to do that in the quote process since I am using the same custom component parts in multiple systems, none are the same… so I made a generic part called “Base Frame”… that base frame can be used in an infinite number of systems we build, each time the BOM and MOM will be different… So I did an Engineering Worksheet in the quote. The main item I am selling is called “MWINTSYS” which is a kit. That kit again will be quoted and built as custom systems.

So I added the “Base Frame” in the Engineering worksheet, added manufacturing steps, added material.

I then created an order from the quote, but no matter what I do I cannot create jobs - I tried the create job wizard, nothing shows up. I tried clicking “create job” from inside the sales order, again nothing happens.

If my main items is a kit, do I need to put the “base frame” in it as a line item within the quote, or will the engineering worksheet take care of that since it’s called out in there along with the manufacturing process and raw material?

During these few hours, Kinetic froze and needed re-started at least 5 times.

So frustrating. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

From the embedded help - part type - sales kit

• Note: You will be prevented from creating a job for a Sales Kit part if the part is parent (assembly part) and a configured item. If you attempt to create a job, the Job creation for a Configured Sales Kit

I ran into so many bugs and needs to restart Kinetic while trying to make a quote… screens scramble, operations disappear (but Kinetic thinks they’re still there) - I am at the end of my rope honestly.

There’s no way I can feel confident to dump Netsuite and move to this product. I am scrapping it, and having my legal council sort the contract issue. Epicor sold me a broken product. That’s a breach of contract.

I don’t have the time to beat my head against the wall trying to learn something that’s broken to start with.

Stunning.

1 Like

Are you using the web version?

1 Like

The app

Just tried it in the web version - same problem.

This software is JUNK!!! How do you people use this stuff lol???

The classic version works fine I think you are using the new web interface that is still under development

Both the web version and the app are acting the same, so that’s not a true statement.

Our integration company is forcing us to learn Kinetic. It’s what we were “sold”. We haven’t had any training on classic.

2 Likes

Right the app version is still web based I’m talking about the classic UI

Your integration company can’t force you do anything you don’t want. It looks like you’ve given up on the product that’s fine and understandable

However they are doing you a disservice by making you use the Kinetic UX by force

The epicor classic interface is mature has been around for ~20+ years and while not flashy or very beautiful it works really well

They are moving to the Kinetic UX but that is being actively developed and I would not recommend you implement your system exclusively on that

Kinetic is the product you bought but it has currently 2 user experiences one being the classic windows form written in .net and the other being web based or an enbeded web app in the client written in angular

The new UX is very immature still and it will get there but I would be remiss if I didn’t recommend you try the classic interface before giving up on it .

Sounds to me like your implementation partners are not providing you the right tools to succeed.

Epicor Isn’t perfect no software is but we have hundreds of users on it every day and over the last 15 years I’ve had thousands of users in the system with no issues

Classic UI Looks like this

7 Likes

Classic looks like it was written in 1991…

The new UI is what we were sold on.

I can say that I hate Epicor software. I tried hard to like it. I can’t. It’s horrible.

Software companies and those who “integrate” it are among the most dishonest slimy people on this planet.

1 Like

That’s cause it was :rofl: but it works really well. Kinetic UX will work really well too (eventually) but IMO it is still a work in progress heck they haven’t even finished all the screens.

It looks like at this point you are too far down the Rabbit hole in terms of disliking the system and you are probably right that Epicor isn’t the system for you. I wish you had better implementation partners the experience would have much more more different.
Have been in the industry for a long time I can tell you that the grass is no greener on any other side and the Epicor product is solid but it has issues like any giant piece of software would.

13 Likes

Just curious, have you raised Support Cases for these issues, or otherwise had any response from Epicor?

We’re still early into the implementation process, having signed two months ago. However, like you, the new Kinetic interface was one of the things we were sold on. The classic interface looks very dated, and I agree that it’ll be hard to sell our users on it, especially when they’re used to much more modern interfaces with software like Microsoft 365 etc.

1 Like

no, no, the emperor totally has clothes

3 Likes

I’d say right about here…

14 Likes