IDC stopped exported XML, no idea why

I have a ticket into Ancora support, but I’m being impatient so I’m double posting. We are Cloud IDC. Yesterday our system stopped exporting the XML data. It was after a call with support about some stuff, so we did make some changes, but nothing that I can think of that would affect the XML export. 1. Is anyone else (cloud) having the same issues? 2. Does anyone have any good places to look if it’s just our problem.

The really weird thing is, I have 2 different DFD’s running, and one of them is working fine, but the main one for invoices isn’t. I looked for any services on our connected servers, and didn’t see anything not running that should be.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Are you using the XLST Configuration in the Batch Type? I also have a customer experiencing export issues and it is seemingly due to this. The problem seems to be that is appears to be disabled, but it is in fact enabled on Ancora’s servers. This in and of itself should just be a vidual bug, but it is apparently preventing exports for my customer while not doing the same for my colleague’s customer.

I have a ticket with Ancora Support and am working through their suggestions, first of all being to update the IDC Automated Client to the latest version (9.33.11210).

The response from Ancora Support to provide more context:

I believe the next patch is scheduled for mid-May.

I think we need to get off of the 9.33.08230 version of the Automated Clients. The current Production version is 9.33.11210.

I can’t say that will fix the issue you are seeing with the export not working - but it may very well be the issue and the customer should have the correct version of the software.

You should be able to run the installer over top of what is already there…but do make a backup of the Automated Clients folder, grab screenshots of the Windows services (so we can see the account running the service - if not LocalSystem, the installer will likely make LocalSystem the account by default).

When you install the Automated Clients, make sure you DO NOT check cloud processes…only Email Input Client & Export should be selected.

I am using it, and yes the indication on the checkboxes doesn’t seem to match reality, but that’s not a new issue. I tried turning the transformation off, but that didn’t have an effect. I also tried exporting CSV and that doesn’t seem to be working either.

Just to eliminate a variable, can you confirm that the Export Client is working in the Admin > Active Clients area?

Seems to be. I would think that the PDF export wouldn’t work if that were the case. I don’t know how to see if it’s “Working”, but I’m assuming that if it’s on here that it’s connected?

Yes, as far as I am aware, if it show sin the list then it is connected and functioning.

Your issue seems to be different than mine in that you are getting the PDF export and just not the XML export. I am not getting either…

What does the Batch Type setup look like for the XML vs. the PDF?

XML

PDF

And the file paths are the same. I haven’t changed anything here for a long time.

And as per the previous comment, the XML tranformation is active, even though it shows otherwise.

Is it all documents or just a specific one? I ask as some special characters in the output can cause issues. I am doubtful this is the cause due to the PDF exporting and not the XML, but could be worth a test. Typically, we just stick the the ($DocId) macro as it’s IDC generated and is alphanumeric with “-” in the name. This never causing issues.

All of the documents using this DFD. I have another DFD that seems to be working fine. There was a cuttoff where stuff was processing yesterday, then it just stopped, for everything.

The one this that we changed around that time, was adding a vendor specific version. It’s the only thing I haven’t tried rolling back, but I don’t know why that would affect it. But that’s my next step I guess.

Looks like that was it! Son of *****

why the hell would that cause a problem???

I really wish I had an answer for you!

At least I have a workaround so it’s not ALL broke… I’ll see when Ancora gets to it, maybe they can figure out what’s up with it. I really hope I’m not the first one to try and use this feature… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Definitely not. I for sure have used vendor specific DFD’s without issue.

2 Likes

I also have vendor specific DFDs.

Well, I found in the logs where it failed. Not sure what it tells me… but I can see it failing? lol.

Turns out it was a client on the server (Cloud has a client to connect to a local server to do things like drop files, and pull in emails.)

Once I installed that, I was able to add back in my vendor specific rules, and it was working again. Support said that it’s common that a mismatch between cloud and the client can cause issues.

Good to know, and hopefully this helps someone in the future.

1 Like

Very interesting, thanks for sharing the solution with all of us.