Identify which Progress Database in use

I have 2 ODBC connections configured on my E9 server. I have an ODBC configured in C# to query the db. I have 2 ODBC options set up on the machine and 4 different environments (live,pilot,test,training). I don’t see clearly which odbc connection is being used for each of my Epicor instances. Or how I’m singling out which in my C# queries. My queries work just fine, but I want to be sure I’m understanding how to control the environment correctly. Can someone help me clarify?

Can you see the connection strings ? They will list the db instance name and where it is connecting.

Oh man it’s been a minute but the appserver configuration in progress explorer should have the name of the ODBC connection it’s using

3 Likes

I wish I could. I welcome details on where to find that too.

Thanks Jose, I think this is pointing me in the correct direction. I will report back.

I was hoping for something directly configured in Epicor or in the Administrator Console.

Not sure if these will help as this is for old symix progress db, but I’m pretty sure depends on the ODBC driver but this one is in the startup parameters: