Images in SSRS Report - Cloud Environment

Previously, in an E10 on prem, I was able to dynamically place part images into SSRS reports using the following guide

However, in a cloud environment, the images don’t show up within the report. I was wondering if there’s something different that needs to be done in order to get images to show up in SSRS reports for a cloud environment.

If you’re bringing down the picture in the dataset, it shouldn’t matter where you are.

2 Likes

It’s a BAQ report, I’m pulling the raw image data into the BAQ dataset as per the guide in the original post, however it doesn’t show up within the SSRS report.

Are you getting a broken image icon? Are you setting the MIME type in the SSRS report?

No broken image icon, just a blank image, i’ve confirmed the MIME type matches the uploaded image, and that the raw image data shows up in the BAQ

So it seems like the advanced BPM directive i have can pull the data within BAQ designer, however it doesn’t seem like it’s being pulled into the report.

Are you returning the image bytes in a column in your BAQ or a link to the image?

It’s being returned as bytes in a calculated column, i’ve set the image properties as database and MIME type accordingly

Why is the ImgLink field filled in above? What is the field name of the bytes?

And do you have access to Erp.FileStore in your BAQ?

ImgLink is a calculated field, there is an advance BPM in this BAQ that fills in this field from the Ice.FileStore table as that table isn’t accessible within the BAQ designer

I followed the steps in this post, as per my original post.

1 Like

So maybe the data is there and we need to look at the SQL statement as well as the Field Definition in the SSRS report.

What would I be looking for exactly? This is the query, but I’m not sure what needs to be changed with this.

Things like does the field definition match the SQL name or is there a misspelling. Is ReplacementLabel_ the name of the table that the image is in? Stuff like that.

Can you add a text area to the report and see if the image_lnk data appears?

What properties are you using for the image? Are you cropping, shrinking to fit, etc?

Names seem to be correct, nothing shows up when i put it as a text field

I’ve tried setting multiple properties but nothing seems to show.

Since it’s a cloud environment, would it somehow be a permissions related issue?

Unless we are doing something non-standard, like trying to reach back to an on-prem database, I can’t see permissions being an issue. Usually, the BAQ runs, all the data goes into the SSRS report tables, the SSRS queries those tables with the GUID on them, and it reports. As long as the data is in the table, it should be accessible from the SSRS report.

Would that be also the case if there is a BPM update directive on the BAQ? My feeling is that the BAQ designer is running the BPM, however when it’s run from the report itself, this BPM does not get triggered for some reason.

Oh, interesting. I never thought to use an updatable BAQ in a report. You might be onto something. I’m pretty sure that Jose used his for Dashboards.

I also wonder if BAQ security might affect this. :thinking: Not in this case but I might put that in the back of my mind for the future some day.

Easy test is to divide by zero in the BPM.

If it crashes, it’s running.

1 Like

@mkfernandez - Were you ever able to get this working? I’ve got a query that returns what I believe the link to the image in the filestore. But I can’t seem to get the SSRS settings correct on the image.