Import Freight AP Invoices

You should be able to use TIE Commerce (if needed) to map the data to a format usable for Service Connect. You should be able to use Service Connect to process the data similar to what you do manually. You will need to do lots of testing and make sure you cover all scenarios...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 8:53 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Import Freight AP Invoices

We are currently on Epicor 9.05.603 Progress and are looking for a way to use EDI or any other way to import an electronic file sent by our freight carriers directly into Epicor AP Invoice Entry. For each less than truck load (LTL) shipment we generate we receive an invoice from our freight carriers.

This turns out to be hundreds of invoices we need to manually enter each week. With all the manual entry there are at times some errors, which we would like to reduce with automatically importing the files. I have been in touch with some of our larger freight carriers and they are able to send us an EDI 210 (Electronic Freight Bill Invoice) document. Problem is I am not sure how to import this document directly into Epicor without having to manually enter it.

We do currently use TIE Commerce with Epicor's Demand Management for importing customer purchase orders into Epicor but I am not seeing a way that Epicor will allow the import of AP Invoices.

Does anyone know of a way that we can accomplish this either through TIE Commerce and Service Connect or Progress, or some other means?

Robert Nupp
Epicor 9.05.603 Progress

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are currently on Epicor 9.05.603 Progress and are looking for a way to use EDI or any other way to import an electronic file sent by our freight carriers directly into Epicor AP Invoice Entry. For each less than truck load (LTL) shipment we generate we receive an invoice from our freight carriers.

This turns out to be hundreds of invoices we need to manually enter each week. With all the manual entry there are at times some errors, which we would like to reduce with automatically importing the files. I have been in touch with some of our larger freight carriers and they are able to send us an EDI 210 (Electronic Freight Bill Invoice) document. Problem is I am not sure how to import this document directly into Epicor without having to manually enter it.

We do currently use TIE Commerce with Epicor's Demand Management for importing customer purchase orders into Epicor but I am not seeing a way that Epicor will allow the import of AP Invoices.

Does anyone know of a way that we can accomplish this either through TIE Commerce and Service Connect or Progress, or some other means?

Robert Nupp
Epicor 9.05.603 Progress