Inability to add a filter to a cloned std BAQ

I cloned a std BAQ (zHomepage_OnTimeDelivery) into a new BAQ, added a toplevel subquerry which called the now subquery and tried to filter on a field from the subquery. When I test it the query times out. If I remove the filter it then runs fine and the number of records returned is less than 100. Is there something about std queries which prevents mods to be made to the query even though cloned??? I was thinking it might be a problem with boolian as the field I was filtering against (OrderHed.OpenOrder) is a boolian field but when I set up a nchar calc field to be “Open” and filter against that it doesn’t change the outcome at all (i.e. still times out). I then went back to the subquery and added a criteria to the OrderHed file to filter on only OpenOrder and it times out. It seems like I can’t do anything along the lines of adding a filter anywhere against the cloned std BAQ which doesn’t make sense to me. Anyone experience this or have a clue as to how I get around this issue???

Thanks

Instead of adding another layer of subqueries, can you add sub-query criteria to the original top layer?

I’m planning on pivoting the subquery (original std Epicor BAQ) for presentation purposes so I would need the dual level structure.

Les Nyberg
Epicor ERP analyst/consultant
LTNterprise LLC
651-303-4309 (cell)

OK, I FINALLY got something to stick. I tried everything imaginable relative to matching on true, yes, = 1, conversion to int and = 1 and the ONLY thing which appears to work is to ditch the equal sign. If instead of saying I want to filter out everything with a boolean value = 1 (open order) what works is to convert the boolean to an integer calc field and then filter out anything in that calc field which is > 0. It shouldn’t need to be this way but it’s working so I’m just going to move on with the cludged code. In case anyone else out there has a problem with this scenario you’ve now got a workaround.

Way back in the day when I learned C in college, we were told:

FALSE = 0
and
TRUE = !FALSE

As sometimes TRUE would be 1, and also not uncommon for it to be -1

In other words, there isn’t one specific value for TRUE