Inactive parts Blank Title 142088

Some information I tested on 9.05.702A:  A BPM on the EWB would work.  If INACTIVE then Popup.

In our CIT Meeting, it was asked what EPICOR will do with an Inactive Part.

Here is a summary of what I tested in our Test Server.

Summary:

Quote Entry:  Cannot quote, Pop-up Error

Order Entry:   Can enter after Pop-up Warning

Engineering WorkBench:  Can enter inactive part without warning

Job Entry Manual > Get Details with Inactive material:  Cannot get details, Error Pop-up.

Job Entry Manual > Add Material: Cannot Add material, Error Pop-up.

Quick Job Entry:  Won’t create job. Error Pop-up

Purchase Order Entry:  cannot Enter line, Error Pop-up

MRP:  Does not process individual demand; Will not create job with inactive Material(Suggestion appears in Planner Workbench).

Sound like we SHOULD NOT inactive parts.

EPICORS info after I called them:

RESPONSE FROM DEVELOPMENT:

By design, working correct.  MRP acknowledges that the part exists, is Inactive, and then moves on.

By design an Inactive part will still be processed by MRP, it briefly looks at the part to see if there is any information to process per its Time Phase, writes information to the logs about it and proceeds on to the next part.  The Inactive checkbox keeps the part from appearing in Part search lists; if the Time Phase has information for demand requirements and supply receipts, it will be processed like any other part that is still Active. but unfirm jobs and suggestions, both Purchasing and Manufacturing, will not be created for it.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 9:11 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Inactive parts

Yes, a simple BPM would probably be the best solution.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Is it possible to change the settings in E9 so that inactive parts can neither be ordered nor entered into a BoM?  (Version 9.05.702A)

If so, which settings would be affected? Thank you!

Ree Moorhead Pruehs

Documentation Engineer

Brooks Utility Products

23847 Industrial Park Drive

Farmington Hills, MI 48335

248/477-0040 x239

rpruehs@...

In 10 there is an Inactive check box in the part master. If it is not there in 9, then what we did when we were on that version was type in the part description "DO NOT USE", make sure inventory was zero and check the run out box.

Then when we were ready we would mass delete or replace the old part number from the BOMs.

HTH,

Manasa

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:57 AM, 'Pruehs, Ree' rpruehs@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Is it possible to change the settings in E9 so that inactive parts can neither be ordered nor entered into a BoM? Â (Version 9.05.702A)

Â

Â

Ree Moorhead Pruehs

Documentation Engineer

Brooks Utility Products

248/477-0040 x239

rpruehs@...

Â

Â

</div>

<div style="color:rgb(255,255,255);min-height:0px;"></div>

Hi, Manasa –

Yes, there is an Inactive box in my version of E9, but when I check it, parts are neither prevented from being ordered nor from being added to active BoMs. It really doesn’t seem to be doing much of anything. I was wondering if there was some setting behind the scenes I might be missing. (I will try the “run out” option, hadn’t thought of that, thanks!)

Ree

Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Inactive parts

In 10 there is an Inactive check box in the part master.  If it is not there in 9, then what we did when we were on that version was type in the part description "DO NOT USE", make sure inventory was zero and check the run out box.

Then when we were ready we would mass delete or replace the old part number from the BOMs.

HTH,

Manasa

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:57 AM, 'Pruehs, Ree' rpruehs@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Is it possible to change the settings in E9 so that inactive parts can neither be ordered nor entered into a BoM?  (Version 9.05.702A)

Ree Moorhead Pruehs

Documentation Engineer

Brooks Utility Products

248/477-0040 x239

rpruehs@...

You could write BPMs to do this pretty easily.

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CXO

Direct Phone:    920.593.8299
Office Phone:    920.437.6400 x342

http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg

Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 8:58
Subject: [Vantage] Inactive parts

Ree Moorhead Pruehs

Documentation Engineer

Brooks Utility Products

248/477-0040 x239

rpruehs@...

We're on 9.05.700c, it won't let us add material to a BOM that's marked inactive. This is in quote/job entry specifically, not engineering workbench - maybe that's the difference?

If it's engineering workbench, a BPM would be a pretty easy solution here.

Ken Williams
Vice President, Administrative Services
Intermountain Electronics - Power, Automation, and Process Systems
Office:Â 435-613-4817Â |Â Â Mobile:Â 801-918-7318
kwilliams@...www.ie-corp.com

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Ken Williams <kwilliams@...> wrote:
We're on 9.05.700c, it won't let us add material to a BOM that's marked inactive. This is in quote/job entry specifically, not engineering workbench - maybe that's the difference?

If it's engineering workbench, a BPM would be a pretty easy solution here.

Ken Williams
Vice President, Administrative Services
Intermountain Electronics - Power, Automation, and Process Systems
Office:Â 435-613-4817Â |Â Â Mobile:Â 801-918-7318
kwilliams@...www.ie-corp.com

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:13 AM, 'Pruehs, Ree' rpruehs@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Hi, Manasa –

Â

Yes, there is an Inactive box in my version of E9, but when I check it, parts are neither prevented from being ordered nor from being added to active BoMs. It really doesn’t seem to be doing much of anything. I was wondering if there was some setting behind the scenes I might be missing. (I will try the “run out” option, hadn’t thought of that, thanks!)

Â

Ree

Â

Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Inactive parts

Â

Â

In 10 there is an Inactive check box in the part master. If it is not there in 9, then what we did when we were on that version was type in the part description "DO NOT USE", make sure inventory was zero and check the run out box.

Â

Â

HTH,

Â

Manasa

Â

Â

Is it possible to change the settings in E9 so that inactive parts can neither be ordered nor entered into a BoM? Â (Version 9.05.702A)

Â

Â

Ree Moorhead Pruehs

Documentation Engineer

Brooks Utility Products

248/477-0040 x239

rpruehs@...

Â

Â

Â

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thank you, everyone, for your input!

Ree

Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 12:11 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Inactive parts