Insite Manifest Users -- HELP!

We are on 8.03.407. the integration could really be much better, i think. There is a lot of information that could be passed to IM that is not, and some of what is setup in Vantage does not work at all (like the gen-international tab doc's required section - it does nothing).

An issue we had today involved a truck shipment to Mexico via a Freight Forwarder. Insite had told us that when we submitted to AES, the forwarder info would not play into it at all, and the AES would require the typical extra info (port of export, etc.). When we submitted to AES, it was asking for info on the FF - liscense type, number, etc., which we were unprepared for.

Another issue is how to ship to Canada vai fedex ground using a broker. My understanding is that, on Fedex online, there was a place to enter the broker information - but a broker is not like a Freight Forwarder. The ship-to is the end customer, it does not actually ship to the broker, so populating the international tab with FF data of the broker does not seem to be the correct way to go, as the ship-to on the paperwork will be incorrect.

I think the hardest thing for us is that AES submition is brand new to us, in addition to this software. Could you share the AES support number or any other resources you have for this? We have been thru the AES training, but it's uber-confusing, and a steep learning curve.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pbparker" <scrumbus@...> wrote:
>
> What version of Vantage are you using? We're using Epicor 9 with Insite and ship quite a bit internationally, and for the most part it seems to work although it definitely could be a lot better.
>
> If all our products are set up correctly, our shipping guy can close the shipment, go into Insite and click the AES submission button which passes nearly all the information across to the website, then he fills out the rest.
>
> Then we have to wait for the AES reference number and then paste it back into Insite and then freight the shipment from Vantage.
>
> We've run into some issues where AES thinks we're shipping a vehicle repeately, or the port of receipt isn't set correctly, or the part UOM isn't set correctly. Some can be done by fixing the entry in the Insite part database, or the others are resolved by calling the AES support and getting clarification on ports.
>
> Either way, it's not without headaches. What issues are you running into repeatedly?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keithfwalter@> wrote:
> >
> > Are there any Insite Manifest users out there who do International shipments? we ship 60% internationally world-wide, 40% domestic, with many shipments over $2500 requiring AES submission. The domestic shiping works fine with UPS and FedEX. We are having lots and lots of issues on international shippments, and Insite support leaves something to be desired. We have been live for 4 weeks, and we run into daily problems - and it's always something new. Insite knows jack about international shipping and AES. Vantage seems to only pass about half the info needed by insite and AES. For an advanced shipping solution, this software sure does leave a lot to be desired.
> >
> > I am looking for any users out there in a similar situation. How did you work through it? Are their better resources out there? Any other shipping products people use that work better than Insite?
> >
>
Are there any Insite Manifest users out there who do International shipments? we ship 60% internationally world-wide, 40% domestic, with many shipments over $2500 requiring AES submission. The domestic shiping works fine with UPS and FedEX. We are having lots and lots of issues on international shippments, and Insite support leaves something to be desired. We have been live for 4 weeks, and we run into daily problems - and it's always something new. Insite knows jack about international shipping and AES. Vantage seems to only pass about half the info needed by insite and AES. For an advanced shipping solution, this software sure does leave a lot to be desired.

I am looking for any users out there in a similar situation. How did you work through it? Are their better resources out there? Any other shipping products people use that work better than Insite?
We use Insite Manifest, but we don't do a lot of international shipping. It is a pain when we do it and I agree that both Insite and Vantage is lacking when it comes to international shipping. I never had to worry about AES submission, that may be something that is handled by our international shipping person outside of Vantage, I just don't know anything about AES. Insite will do customizations for a somewhat reasonable price. We've had a couple done and we never have had a problem with them.

Sent: Tue, November 24, 2009 4:22:30 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Insite Manifest Users -- HELP!

Â
Are there any Insite Manifest users out there who do International shipments? we ship 60% internationally world-wide, 40% domestic, with many shipments over $2500 requiring AES submission. The domestic shiping works fine with UPS and FedEX. We are having lots and lots of issues on international shippments, and Insite support leaves something to be desired. We have been live for 4 weeks, and we run into daily problems - and it's always something new. Insite knows jack about international shipping and AES. Vantage seems to only pass about half the info needed by insite and AES. For an advanced shipping solution, this software sure does leave a lot to be desired.

I am looking for any users out there in a similar situation. How did you work through it? Are their better resources out there? Any other shipping products people use that work better than Insite?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
What version of Vantage are you using? We're using Epicor 9 with Insite and ship quite a bit internationally, and for the most part it seems to work although it definitely could be a lot better.

If all our products are set up correctly, our shipping guy can close the shipment, go into Insite and click the AES submission button which passes nearly all the information across to the website, then he fills out the rest.

Then we have to wait for the AES reference number and then paste it back into Insite and then freight the shipment from Vantage.

We've run into some issues where AES thinks we're shipping a vehicle repeately, or the port of receipt isn't set correctly, or the part UOM isn't set correctly. Some can be done by fixing the entry in the Insite part database, or the others are resolved by calling the AES support and getting clarification on ports.

Either way, it's not without headaches. What issues are you running into repeatedly?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keithfwalter@...> wrote:
>
> Are there any Insite Manifest users out there who do International shipments? we ship 60% internationally world-wide, 40% domestic, with many shipments over $2500 requiring AES submission. The domestic shiping works fine with UPS and FedEX. We are having lots and lots of issues on international shippments, and Insite support leaves something to be desired. We have been live for 4 weeks, and we run into daily problems - and it's always something new. Insite knows jack about international shipping and AES. Vantage seems to only pass about half the info needed by insite and AES. For an advanced shipping solution, this software sure does leave a lot to be desired.
>
> I am looking for any users out there in a similar situation. How did you work through it? Are their better resources out there? Any other shipping products people use that work better than Insite?
>