Inventory Movement Report from Nonconformance - Report Style Changed?

I am Live in 10.2.200, and testing 10.2.700. But I’m stuck - unable to run a custom Inventory Movement Report from the Nonconformance screen.

In 10.2.200, the Report Style ID “NonConfInvMvm” can be modified to point to a custom report, that appears as an option in Nonconformance > Action > Print Inventory Movement.

In 10.2.700, the same Report Style “NonConfInvMvm” also includes the custom report, and an edited Standard SSRS description, but the Print Inventory Movement screen does not seem to be using that same Report Style.

Other Report Styles, for ARForm for example, work as expected - custom report style show up on the Report Style drop down for selection when printing the form.

Is there a different Report Style ID I need to use in 10.2.700? If so, how do I find it?
Or is there something unique about the Inventory Movement Report that has changed?

Are the Report Styles “PPS-…” and “PP-…” enabled for the company in question?

Do they show if the Inventory Movement Report is launched from the main shell, and not the Nonconformance screen?

Enabled where exactly?

There’s an enabled checkbox on the SSRS Breaking Routing tab that is NOT checked. And I can not check it for these added reports (I have never used Breaking/Routing).

We are a single company, but there is no company checked for any of the Report Styles

I changed the StyleDescription of the Standard SSRS style to see if it would show up in the drop-down box. It did not, so that makes me think I’m working on the wrong Report Style ID.

I also could not find an Inventory Movement Report on the main menu. Is it called something else?
Sorry to be so dense, thanks for helping.

But if you’re only single company this will always be checked (at least in 10.2.300)

It appears the the Inventory Movement report does a lot of heavy lifting …

That looks like many different Reports (the ReportID column) can be used by the Rpt.InventoryMovement program.

Enable developer mode just before selecting the Actions -> Print in the Nonconf form. And see what shows in the Process Calling window that pops up.

Here’s an example for printing after doing an Inventory Transfer

After you hit OK, see what the Select Customization window shows.

I added a style to ReportID InvTransInvMvm, and it shows up when the report is called from in the Inventory Transfer form

Other ReportID’s (like InvQtyAdj) have other styles, but they don’t show when printing from the Inventory Transfer Form.

But nothing special shows in the Select form

The Style does show as Valid for our company:

Here’s the Process Calling details for Inventory Movement Report from Nonconformance:

But when I choose OK, a new-fangled Kinetic screen opens without the usual Select Customization choice. I can then choose Customization from that Kinetic form, but that opens with a lot of things that I don’t recognize.
I’ve tried to turn off Kinetic on log in, but this form still opens in Kinetic.

I think what you are describing is how these multiple Inventory Movement Reports are working for me in 10.2.200. You customize a report to be called from a particular form, and you only see Report Styles for that specific report on each place in the system where the Inventory Movement Report can be called. It seems that 10.2.700 is working differently, the same Report Style ID in 10.2.200 does not apply in 10.2.700.
I also have a second customized Inventory Movement Report when called from the Inspection Processing screen, and that one also doesn’t show the custom Report Styles.

We’re only at 10.2.300 … And I think you’re on the right path with thinking it is related to 10.2.700.

Some of the custom styles existed in 10.2.200, and were carried along when upgrading to 10.2.700?

Maybe try making a new style on a report that doesn’t have any custom styles - any from that screenshot of search results should do. I’m thinking that the up lifted styles are broken, and even adding a new style, still doesn’t show.

What happens if you change the Description of the built-in style? Say, from “Standard - SSRS” to “TEST”. Is the change reflected on the Report style list?

And if you really want to dig deeper, enabling tracing just before selecting the Print function.

When doing that in the Qty Adjustment form, I get:

Further down the in that same Trace Packet, I can see the styles available to the “Inventory Movement Report”

No it is not. I changed the description from “Standard - SSRS” to “Hello World Standard - SSRS” in the Report Style for ID NonConfInvMvm, but I still get “Standard - SSRS” in the form that opens.

I’ll check out Traces tomorrow, that’s a good idea.

If you run the Std style which Report prints? Is it even the Nonconformance report?

Maybe there’s a wire crossed and it’s showing ypu the form for one of the other ReportID’s that use the “Inventory Movement Report” form

Good question. Yes, when I run the standard style movement report from the Nonconformance screen, it does print the right Nonconformance version of the Movement Report.

When I run a trace in 10.2.200 it looks very much like your trace, Calvin.

But in 10.2.700 it’s VERY different.

I have a case logged with Epicor (CS0002333377). I think they have something not-quite-right with the multi-use Inventory Movement Reports in 10.2.700. Or at least something very different than the old one.

I got an answer from Support. There are now two different Report Style IDs for the same Nonconformance>Action>Print Inventory Movement.
If Kinetic is active, Report Style ID = IssMatInvMvm
If Classic is active, Report Style ID = NonConfInvMvmt

After updating from 10.2.200 to 10.2.700, our custom showed up on the Report Style list when Classic was active. But I have to add our custom Report Style to the new Report Style ID IssMatInvMvm for it to show up when Kinetic is active. (Since I’m just starting my Kinetic ‘journey’ it took me a while to figure out that I have to turn off Kinetic in User Preferences, not just at the log-in screen checkbox).

I wonder how many more new Report Styles are created so we have to maintain custom reports in two places. This seems like something that should be documented in some release notes somewhere, but I couldn’t find it.