Inventory Transfer Allocated Stock

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do an inventory transfer from one location to another location in the same warehouse where some of the stock is allocated ?

Can u please specify the exact mean of ā€œLocationā€ ? There is possibilty of different Lots in same warehouse.

Hi,

By location I mean Bin in Epicor terms and yes there would be different Lots within the same Warehouse, and in some instances there could be different lot numbers within the same Bin.

A Bin in our case is a pallet as Bins are locations within the warehouse racking system. In most cases 1 Bin would have 1 Pallet of the same product and lot number, but there may be cases where there different products and lots in one Bin Location (where we need space we would move small amounts of different products into 1 bin location).

Hope that makes sense :slight_smile: ļŠ

Best Regards,

John

Hi,
So, have u facing any system error ? is stock is allocated somewhere i.e Sales order, Job or material stock in BIN/Warehouse?

Hi,

The thing I have been asked is, is there a way to move the stock from bin to bin in the same warehouse without Unallocating and reallocating it in the fulfilment workbench, I have to admit I havenā€™t ever worked with a system that would let you do that but I thought I would ask the question in case anyone else has managed to do some how.

Regards,

John

Hi

Itā€™s a topic of conversation for us as well. One of my colleagues who is fairly new to the business said that the previous system he used would allow moving of allocated stock. Iā€™m guessing the system also updated the allocation records, otherwise the picker would go to a location and the stock wouldnā€™t be there!

Our particular situation calls for a slightly different way of operating the process, we will allocate all stock for a particular vehicle (route) just before it is required ā€“ eliminating the situation of having lots of stock in our 1000 tied up and not being able to be moved between bins. To achieve this, we have had developed an automated way of allocating stock based on our rules, per ROUTE. Meaning, the process of allocating many orders/lines/lot numbers is very quick.

Regards
Mark

Hi there,

Our stock is currently allocated by the sales team using fulfilment workbench allocating by part. The problem is that when we transfer stock from WiP to the warehouse there could be 10 or more pallets all the same batch number.

So two of these pallets could be placed at ground level for easy picking the rest (depending on free space) could be at the top of a rack, when allocating by part by Fifo the system doesnā€™t appear to take into account the location (all our ground locations all start with zero) and can pick a bin at the top of the rack :frowning:

I have tried using the ā€œElevationā€ option on the bin but that didnā€™t work, anyway whatever we do we could still get items allocated in the top rack that we would like to move to ground level and this currently requires Unallocating & reallocating from the fulfilment workbench.

But I do like the idea of allocating by route or in our case it would the carrier as they arrive at set times of the dayā€¦

Yep, we have developed those functions within our code. We take into account whether the item is on the ground floor in the racking, elevations 2, 3, 4 in the racking, in the picking area. We are a food manufacturer, so expiry dates, customer minimum use by codes, stock rotation per customer all comes into play. We also get the system to look at whether the quantity in a bin location is considered a ā€œfullā€ pallet, i.e. can that pallet be dropped from elevated racking and despatched as is, or do we need to pick part quantity from it.

Did anyone manage to find a way to achieve this? I tried to fulfill the requirement through a bpm that that unallocates, does an Inventory transfer and then reallocate, however, in the BPM it seems that the previous BO method isnā€™t actually committed until after the BMP completes, so will always error when trying to do the reallocation after transfer (the method thinks there isnā€™t any stock in the location you are transferring the stock to) within the same BPM.
Iā€™m wondering if I need to use two BPMs, one for the unallocate and transfer and one to reallocate. The trouble with this is that we will then need the first BPM to store the recordset for the initial allocations and then the second one read this and have a way to match it up the the correct transfer record.
For anyone else trying this with a BMP, the methods Iā€™m using are:

• PartBinSearch.GetPartBinByLot: To find out what is in the bin
  • OrderAlloc.GetList: To find out stock allocated to a job
  • OrderAlloc.OrderAllocationGetRows: To get the allocation rows that I want to transfer
  • OrderAlloc.UnallocateAndReserve: To unallocate based on the list above
  • InvTransfer.GetTransferRecord: To Create the transfer record. This is populated with the details for transfer
  • InvTransfer.PreCommitTransfer: to setup and test the transfer
  • Inv.CommitTransfer: Perform the transfer
  • OrderAlloc.AllocateByLotBin: To allocate based on the list from the unallocate, but updated with the new bin locations

Each of these works if I do them one at a time (Unallocate, transfer then reallocate), but errors when all in the one BPM

I realize that this is very old but came across this thread looking for another answer. I had issues doing multiple calls in a single BPM like this and someone helped me with the following code between. It causes the partbin deferred records to commit which could be the issue.

Erp.Internal.Lib.DeferredUpdate libDeferredUpdate = new Erp.Internal.Lib.DeferredUpdate(Db);
   libDeferredUpdate.UpdPQDemand();

See the original thread https://www.epiusers.help/t/invtransfersvccontract-committransfer-fails-when-transferring-the-same-part-one-after-the-other/45979/29

2 Likes

Hi Mark
Sorry about bringing up an old post.
We have a current situation where we need to bin transfer allocated stock and was wondering if you could assist in the Form coding you used to achieve the below?

ā€œYep, we have developed those functions within our code. We take into account whether the item is on the ground floor in the racking, elevations 2, 3, 4 in the racking, in the picking area. We are a food manufacturer, so expiry dates, customer minimum use by codes, stock rotation per customer all comes into play. We also get the system to look at whether the quantity in a bin location is considered a ā€œfullā€ pallet, i.e. can that pallet be dropped from elevated racking and despatched as is, or do we need to pick part quantity from it.ā€

The code I referred to there is within an external dll developed by CSG in the UK.

BUT, the requirement you have to move allocated stock I also have. I was thinking about building a custom screen for doing this to start with, using the BOs to do the following:

Store allocations in temp table
Unallocate
Move inventory
re-allocate

I havenā€™t started working on it yet, but remind me in a couple weeks see where Iā€™ve got to with it.

Thanks Mark,
Exactly what I was thinking but my skill level with Form Script is amateurish.

Hi Mark
Just touching base to see if you have had a chance to look at the Allocate by lot bin customisation?
Thank you
Luke

Hello,

I have a similar issue, but Iā€™m working in an Epicor Function. Any idea how to access this functionality (UpdPQDemand) from an Epicor Function?

Hi were you able to build your custom screen?

Nope, not yet - started doing it, but quickly got side tracked with other things becoming higher priority sadly.