Inventory Usage dashboard - summaries Monthly horizontally?

Glad to give it a try. You can put the BAQ in a dashboard and apply group by and summaries. You can then group by part and use the average option on the sum. That sort of gives you horizontal sums. I had trouble with the column totals not all displaying and my users didn't like the way it looked. Crystal also gave me more control over the calculations than you can get from a dashboard. My users generally are researching a particular group of parts and don't end up with a very long report or they can just preview the report and look at or print what they need. Also as we just came over from the mainframe less than 3 years ago they often prefer reports over dashboards. Some will copy and paste the grid from a dashboard into Excel and do their own reports. We have decreased our paper usage, but still have a ways to go...

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks so much Sue for taking the time to upload the files and for a detailed reply.
> I imported the BAQs and had a look which seems on the similar lines I have been working on. The main difference is my users want a dashboard not a report and thats why I feel more restricted to lay the Monthly sums horizontally.
> Thanks again for your help!
> Uzma.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@> wrote:
> >
> > I've uploaded the exported BAQ, exported BAQ Report and Crystal Reports for both the Part Issues History and Customer Sales History w/monthly averages to the file section of this group (under Crystal reports). I should note this was done on 8.03.409A. If there's any problems with the files I uploaded please let me know...this is my first time! I'll be very happy if this helps someone, I've been helped so many times by this group it would be nice to give some back!
> >
> > Sue
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mattcald_73" <matt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sue, I would LOVE to see how you did that!
> > >
> > > --Matt
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.
> > > >
> > > > Sue
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi everyone,
> > > > > I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.
> > > > >
> > > > > What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
> > > > > I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Uzma
> > > > > This is what it is supposed to look like:
> > > > >
> > > > > Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> > > > > Sept Nov Jan March May July
> > > > > --------------------------------------
> > > > > Total:
> > > > >
> > > > > Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> > > > > XXX10 Test ABC 001
> > > > >
> > > > > 120 500 30 100 105 50
> > > > > 100 10 5 10 200 20
> > > > >
> > > > > Summaries Total: 1250
> > > > >
> > > > > XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> > > > > and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Hi everyone,
I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.

What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
Thanks,
Uzma
This is what it is supposed to look like:

Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
Sept Nov Jan March May July
--------------------------------------
Total:

Part Desc ClassCode Whse
XXX10 Test ABC 001

120 500 30 100 105 50
100 10 5 10 200 20

Summaries Total: 1250

XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@...> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.
>
> What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
> I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> Thanks,
> Uzma
> This is what it is supposed to look like:
>
> Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> Sept Nov Jan March May July
> --------------------------------------
> Total:
>
> Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> XXX10 Test ABC 001
>
> 120 500 30 100 105 50
> 100 10 5 10 200 20
>
> Summaries Total: 1250
>
> XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
>
That would be useful and something we've been discussing too. I would be very interested in it if you would post the dashboard and report.

Thanks,
Ed
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of snielsen28
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 8:25 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Inventory Usage dashboard - summaries Monthly horizontally?

I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "unackvi" <unackvi@...> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.
>
> What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
> I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> Thanks,
> Uzma
> This is what it is supposed to look like:
>
> Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> Sept Nov Jan March May July
> --------------------------------------
> Total:
>
> Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> XXX10 Test ABC 001
>
> 120 500 30 100 105 50
> 100 10 5 10 200 20
>
> Summaries Total: 1250
>
> XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
>

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Sue, I would LOVE to see how you did that!

--Matt

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@...> wrote:
>
> I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.
>
> Sue
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> > I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.
> >
> > What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
> > I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> > Thanks,
> > Uzma
> > This is what it is supposed to look like:
> >
> > Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> > Sept Nov Jan March May July
> > --------------------------------------
> > Total:
> >
> > Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> > XXX10 Test ABC 001
> >
> > 120 500 30 100 105 50
> > 100 10 5 10 200 20
> >
> > Summaries Total: 1250
> >
> > XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> > and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
> >
>
I've uploaded the exported BAQ, exported BAQ Report and Crystal Reports for both the Part Issues History and Customer Sales History w/monthly averages to the file section of this group (under Crystal reports). I should note this was done on 8.03.409A. If there's any problems with the files I uploaded please let me know...this is my first time! I'll be very happy if this helps someone, I've been helped so many times by this group it would be nice to give some back!

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mattcald_73" <matt@...> wrote:
>
> Sue, I would LOVE to see how you did that!
>
> --Matt
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@> wrote:
> >
> > I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.
> >
> > Sue
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.
> > >
> > > What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
> > > I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Uzma
> > > This is what it is supposed to look like:
> > >
> > > Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> > > Sept Nov Jan March May July
> > > --------------------------------------
> > > Total:
> > >
> > > Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> > > XXX10 Test ABC 001
> > >
> > > 120 500 30 100 105 50
> > > 100 10 5 10 200 20
> > >
> > > Summaries Total: 1250
> > >
> > > XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> > > and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
> > >
> >
>
Ive got two reports. On is a report which displays the totals of parts sold per
month which then gives an average per month based on the previous 6 months.

Ive got another report like the one above which also looks at the qty on hand
and the qty available.

It then prioritises each part by how low the stocks are - I.e. if the Available
qty is less than the qty on hand it is priority 1 etc.

Sent: Fri, 29 October, 2010 15:53:28
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Inventory Usage dashboard - summaries Monthly
horizontally?

Â
Sue, I would LOVE to see how you did that!

--Matt

>
> I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in
>a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals
>horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report
>goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for
>each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part
>has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by
>purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part
>they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years
>ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll
>probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also
>works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily
>increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their
>invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be
>interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.
>
> Sue
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> > I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a
>dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the
>summaries feature and applying a SUM.
> >
> > What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff
>date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom
>horizontally for each part.
> > I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> > Thanks,
> > Uzma
> > This is what it is supposed to look like:
> >
> > Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> > Sept Nov Jan March May July
> > --------------------------------------
> > Total:
> >
> > Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> > XXX10 Test ABC 001
> >
> > 120 500 30 100 105 50
> > 100 10 5 10 200 20
> >
> > Summaries Total: 1250
> >
> > XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> > and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks so much Sue for taking the time to upload the files and for a detailed reply.
I imported the BAQs and had a look which seems on the similar lines I have been working on. The main difference is my users want a dashboard not a report and thats why I feel more restricted to lay the Monthly sums horizontally.
Thanks again for your help!
Uzma.

>
> I've uploaded the exported BAQ, exported BAQ Report and Crystal Reports for both the Part Issues History and Customer Sales History w/monthly averages to the file section of this group (under Crystal reports). I should note this was done on 8.03.409A. If there's any problems with the files I uploaded please let me know...this is my first time! I'll be very happy if this helps someone, I've been helped so many times by this group it would be nice to give some back!
>
> Sue
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mattcald_73" <matt@> wrote:
> >
> > Sue, I would LOVE to see how you did that!
> >
> > --Matt
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "snielsen28" <snielsen.hipco@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I wrote a BAQ report that does that. I could use the group by and sum option in a similar dashboard to get monthly totals, but wasn't able to lay out the totals horizontally. The BAQ report I wrote does lay it out the way I wanted. My report goes a little further and gives averages by month. Each part contains a line for each year. Each line contains issues by month along with a YTD total. Each part has a line that prints the average issues by month. This is used both by purchasing and scheduling giving them a nice guideline of how many of a part they need to buy/make to cover a certain period. We went live less than 3 years ago, so all issues history is covered in my report. As time goes by I'll probably limit the report to the previous five years or so. The report also works well to see trends such as "Is the current usage of a part steadily increasing/decreasing?". I have the same type of report for customers and their invoices. It is also used to track trends and do some forecasting. If you'd be interested I could post the BAQs and reports to the files section of this group.
> > >
> > > Sue
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "unackvi" <unackvi@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi everyone,
> > > > I have a BAQ based on Inventory Usage report that is being used by a dashboard where the Qty is Grouped by and Summaried for each Part using the summaries feature and applying a SUM.
> > > >
> > > > What I need to do is to summarize this Qty for each month (given a cutoff date by the user and going back one year from that date) at the bottom horizontally for each part.
> > > > I can't seem to figure out how I can do this. Will appreciate any ideas.
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Uzma
> > > > This is what it is supposed to look like:
> > > >
> > > > Aug Oct Dec Feb April June
> > > > Sept Nov Jan March May July
> > > > --------------------------------------
> > > > Total:
> > > >
> > > > Part Desc ClassCode Whse
> > > > XXX10 Test ABC 001
> > > >
> > > > 120 500 30 100 105 50
> > > > 100 10 5 10 200 20
> > > >
> > > > Summaries Total: 1250
> > > >
> > > > XXX15 Test2 ABC 001
> > > > and so on for this one and any other Parts selected...
> > > >
> > >
> >
>