Is it Possable to Force User Logoff after set time

Good Afternoon all,

I have searched high and low and can’t seem to find an answer to if a user can be booted out of Epicor after a set time. We are Private Cloud ( ? Single Tenant? ) . The reason for this is that in our VM Environment, we all share the same config file(Smart :wink: Client ( aka fat client) to run Epicor and if 1 person stays logged into Epicor over an update weekend, guess what, no one can log in due to a mismatched version error… The culprit must be located and then told to log off. A little harder now as some employees are working from home. I cant stroll around and see who is working in Epicor…

Any suggestions ???

Thanks in advance

Does the Private Cloud have the Admin Console like the on-prem version?

No, The closest I have is a session Manager. I need to be logged into Epicor th see it.

1 Like

And there’s a separate License Tracker to see what you’re licensed for.

Yes there is,… There was now I don’t seem to be authorized to access it . Found it under Company Configuration…What to look for Boot License :grinning:

Add this to the email before upgrade weekends… It works.

“If your workstation is left logged in, you will be written up, and after 3 write-ups, we deem you are not responsible enough for this company. We need folks with attention to detail.” :teddy_bear:

If the VM is yours, doesn’t windows task manager show users logged in and can’t you just log them all out or reboot the VM just to kill all processes?

:+1:Emails go out, people ignore… people “forget” …

We also have 3rd party Data center that manages our network so I will get a call early squirly in morning to call their hotline early squirly to wake somebody up…

Could also blast out email after back up explaining who was logged on and kept everybody from working…Peer pressure… :open_mouth:

Just getting ideas, would hate to have to pay for scripting to force EVERYBODY off at 6pm every day. I would be the on getting caught up on a non update weekend.

What I’ve always wanted was a script that was created by the users and run by whomever is running the update. Kick out users, check for running jobs and pause until finished, run pre-update reports to disc, etc.

Hmm. Scripted updates. What would we call something like that?

Rhymes with BevBops…

1 Like

Our Terminal Servers have a 1 hour timeout, so overnight everyone gets booted off. Do you have something like that?

1 Like

I can check, Would that stop their instance of Epicor.exe or just end their RDS session? Forgive me if my verbiage is not correct, IT is one of my hats ( small company)

what I’ve done in the past is run a system reboot on the terminal/RDS server your users are running the fat client on before doing the upgrade

on quite a few systems they do a reboot nightly just to clear out crap people leave running

I will look into this, Thank you

I will look into this, Thank you for the suggestion