Is there a log for the Change CostID process? Process failing with very little information

I’m testing the use of the Change Site CostID process, and it fails about halfway through.

The process lives in the Actions menu in Site Maintenance, and in fact opens modally, so maybe I’m killing it by closing the process dialog?

The site for which I’m changing the cost ID (Site A) was set up to ushare a cost ID with another site (Site B). Site B has 30000 parts or so, but site A only has 150.

The system monitor however shows it running after I close the process dialog, and it keeps going for about 5 minutes. Then it ends with an error that tells me very little.

Once it ends, about half the parts in site B have costs that equal their onhand amounts, and the rest have no costs at all. However for all those parts, the total FIFO stacks in site B equal the onhand qty from both sites.

I haven’t been able to locate logs to tell me what’s happening when the process fails; any ideas?

I am curious also as to what causes that.

I see you were on this thread where I ran into that also. But I didn’t have FIFO to deal with. Eek.

It happened to me again this year. I just didn’t have any motivation to see why.

For me I assumed it’s because I hijacked the process (see steps 8-10). Maybe it’s that stupid part in our system that has a lowercase A in some places and an uppercase in others.