Is there a way to iteratively populate a field group?

I am working on a workflow to deal with a customer’s accounting needs. We are using the JSON Web Service Datalink to grab data out of their PO software. I’m trying to figure out the bit where we can pull in n number of lines. Some POs only have one line, some have ten, and so on.

I’m trying to do a workflow where it will repeat a task n times, where n is the number of records in a PO (records = items that have been bought). I’ve figured out how to loop the whole workflow n times, but the bit I’m stuck on is how to choose which row of a field group to populate during the loop. For instance, the first time the datalink is run, it populates row 1 with record 1. On the next iteration, it populates row 2 with the 2nd record. On the 10th time, it populates row 10 with the 10th record, and so on.

I basically need to increment the “row number” of the field group every time the workflow loops, and I can’t figure that part out. It may not even be possible, from what I can see.

For those wondering “why don’t you just pull all the data overall and query it” - good question. I’ve just been told to try and do it this way. I think it’s due to the format the JSON data is in - if we pulled all of it, it’s a bunch of nested data, but if we pull only a specific bit (i.e. one record at a time), it’s just a string which is easier to handle.

If you use a count on the rows, then add 1 with math you can set the row number.

Append on a set field group task could add each row of data.

I will give that a shot, thanks!