Issue different parts than on BOM / Pick List

If you want to avoid the variance, delete the material you are not issuing and add the material part number you want to issue. Set the quantity per parent equal to what you are issuing, in that case there would be no variance

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, alldoneprojects <ramsey@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Re: Issue different parts than on BOM / Pick List
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 5:32 PM

Â

My problem is that nobody really has an idea of what they will find in stock to use up. I guess tacking it on to job and having a variance is best.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@.. .> wrote:
>
> You can add the material to the method on the job and issue both materials if you like. You don't need to update the materials on the approved BOM through engineering workbench but if you want you can add it there as well. The only thing is you would need to add a quantity per parent so if in some cases on a job you did not consume the BB part you would have a favorable variance
> You can also look at using substitute parts on the part master and issue the substitute materials if they are available on a job by job basis
>
> --- On Mon, 7/27/09, alldoneprojects <ramsey@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: alldoneprojects <ramsey@...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Issue different parts than on BOM / Pick List
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
> Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 4:38 PM
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
> We want to use up some older parts that can be substituted for items that are on the BOM. It's a one-for-one type thing, so can we merely change the part number when we do a mass issue or will I live to regret this? Also it can be a little more complicated because AA may be a replacement for BB but say we need 100 BB's but issue out 50 AAs and 50 BBs?
>
> -Ramsey
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We want to use up some older parts that can be substituted for items that are on the BOM. It's a one-for-one type thing, so can we merely change the part number when we do a mass issue or will I live to regret this? Also it can be a little more complicated because AA may be a replacement for BB but say we need 100 BB's but issue out 50 AAs and 50 BBs?

-Ramsey
You can add the material to the method on the job and issue both materials if you like. You don't need to update the materials on the approved BOM through engineering workbench but if you want you can add it there as well. The only thing is you would need to add a quantity per parent so if in some cases on a job you did not consume the BB part you would have a favorable variance
You can also look at using substitute parts on the part master and issue the substitute materials if they are available on a job by job basis

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, alldoneprojects <ramsey@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Issue different parts than on BOM / Pick List
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 4:38 PM

Â

We want to use up some older parts that can be substituted for items that are on the BOM. It's a one-for-one type thing, so can we merely change the part number when we do a mass issue or will I live to regret this? Also it can be a little more complicated because AA may be a replacement for BB but say we need 100 BB's but issue out 50 AAs and 50 BBs?

-Ramsey

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
My problem is that nobody really has an idea of what they will find in stock to use up. I guess tacking it on to job and having a variance is best.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> You can add the material to the method on the job and issue both materials if you like. You don't need to update the materials on the approved BOM through engineering workbench but if you want you can add it there as well. The only thing is you would need to add a quantity per parent so if in some cases on a job you did not consume the BB part you would have a favorable variance
> You can also look at using substitute parts on the part master and issue the substitute materials if they are available on a job by job basis
>
> --- On Mon, 7/27/09, alldoneprojects <ramsey@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: alldoneprojects <ramsey@...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Issue different parts than on BOM / Pick List
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 4:38 PM
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
> We want to use up some older parts that can be substituted for items that are on the BOM. It's a one-for-one type thing, so can we merely change the part number when we do a mass issue or will I live to regret this? Also it can be a little more complicated because AA may be a replacement for BB but say we need 100 BB's but issue out 50 AAs and 50 BBs?
>
> -Ramsey
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>