Issues uploading PO Receipts via DMT

Been struggling all weekend trying to upload PO Receipts that happened when we were in V8, into E10, so that AP can match up the AP Invoices, but have had zero luck.

I’ve got all the RcvHead entries in, but RcvDtl entries give errors at every turn.

Most common error is “Table: RcvDtl Msg: Record not available.”

Can anyone give me the cliff notes on how to do this successfully. Particularly the states of any of the fields of POHead, PODtl, PORel, RcvHead, and RcvDtl that need to be a certain value.

I tried running the Trace in DMT but that provides very little info.

You cannot import PO Receipts as historical data. DMT is coming out with a feature that allows “historical mode” for imports, but this is not released yet (as far as I know). What you are doing is actually creating new receipts, which will trigger new PartTran records. I doubt that’s what you are intending to do. The same can be said about creating ShipHead and ShipDtl records. Those will trigger inventory transactions. If you want to import purely historical data, either wait for the DMT feature to be released or import into a UDxx table like UD01 or create your own user-defined table and add fields that mimic the existing schema. DMT can import into UDxx tables. Then create a BAQ and Dashboard that query the UDxx or user-defined table to see history. My team has created a BPM that pulls data from UDxx, populates Purchase Advisor tabs, and makes the data appear as if it was truly created from history.

I knew the processing of PO Receipts and Shipments would generate the part transactions. I was prepared to do all the adjustments to “back them out” (Qty Adj’s to get QOH correct, and GL trans to undo the variances created).

I need to do this so that we can match Supplier invoices to PO Receipts. The PO receipts happened in V8, but the supplier invoice is now being entered into E10,

I’m open suggestions for how to handle entering an AP Invoice with no PO receipt on record.

But I’d also like to know what I was doing wrong during the PO Receipt import in DMT.

Your approach will essentially recreate the entire part transaction history for PO receipts.

Then, you need to make sure those receipts are not appearing as payables unless you are also importing the matching AP invoices. Lastly, you’ll likely need to mark them as paid or import matching AP checks as well. Very ambitious!

AP Invoices can be imported using Open Invoice Load, either with DMT or using the function in the Accounts Payable > Setup menu.

I was only importing the receipts that we knew were not yet invoiced.

And I do these types of things on weekends, so any transactions can easily be identified.
And these are done in the Test DB (just after copying the Live Company to it) first.

My original problem still remains. The DMT Error:

Table: RcvDtl Msg: Record not available."

I have never been as brave as you. But have you tried using the PO Receipt Combined import?

It appears you can import the packing slip and packline (specifically the RcvDtl#PackLine).

Yes - Tried that, but kept getting various errors. The latest being

UOM Class could not be determined for UOM:

Yes, there is nothing after the final “UOM:” So I assume that some related record had a blank IUM (or PUM, or SUM, …). But couldn’t track it down.

And this still happens after updating DMT to 4.0.13.0, which has as a specified fix for “UOM Class … in Combined PO Receipt”

Are you importing PO lines with part numbers that do not exist (like a miscellaneous line)? When in doubt, use the Receipt Entry function to add the same line item manually and see if you get the same error message. I believe you might be missing the Weight UOM Class because PO Receipts require it to be populated. I also recommend including RcvDtl#IUM and RcvDtl#PUM in your import file.

It happened on PUR-STK, PUR-MTL and PUR-UKN.

I ended up manually entering each PO Receipt.

I’m only continuing this thread as I hate to leave problems unsolved.

@ckrusen I’m having the same exact issue as you, did you ever figure this out?

I struggled with the same issue for half a day, found out that these are the field required to overcome the Record Not Available. Hope this will help someone else who is doing DMT.

Company
PackSlip
PONum
VendorNumVendorID
RcvDtl#PackSlip
RcvDtl#PackLine
RcvDtl#IUM
RcvDtl#InputOurQty
RcvDtl#PONum
RcvDtl#POLine
RcvDtl#PORelNum

1 Like

I have done extensive work on DMT on PO Receipts recently and I found out there is a bug where the RcvDtl#Received flag needs to be “TRUE” rather than 1.

My DMT template contains the following data to import and it works perfectly.

Company
VendorNum
PurPoint
PackSlip
ReceiptDate
EntryPerson
ReceiptComment
ReceivePerson
ShipViaCode
EntryDate
Plant
PONum
POType
Received
ArrivedDate
TaxRegionCode
TaxPoint
TaxRateDate
VendorNumVendorID
RcvDtl#Company
RcvDtl#PackSlip
RcvDtl#PackLine
RcvDtl#PONum
RcvDtl#POLine
RcvDtl#PORelNum
RcvDtl#PartNum
RcvDtl#WareHouseCode
RcvDtl#BinNum
RcvDtl#InputOurQty
RcvDtl#IUM
RcvDtl#OurUnitCost
RcvDtl#ReceiptType
RcvDtl#ReceivedTo
RcvDtl#ReceivedComplete
RcvDtl#PUM
RcvDtl#ReceiptDate
RcvDtl#DocUnitCost
RcvDtl#POTransValue
RcvDtl#ExtTransValue
RcvDtl#Received
RcvDtl#POType
RcvDtl#ArrivedDate
RcvDtl#TaxRegionCode
RcvDtl#TaxCatID
RcvDtl#Taxable
RcvDtl#TaxExempt

Had this same problem and none of the solutions here helped me. Hat tip to RBeaghan for this post in another thread:

We had the same error as in your initial post. Epicor Support provided the suggestions below. I have not had the chance to go back and try them yet.

1. Make sure that your fields are ordered in the spreadsheet as they would be manually populated via the entry screen.
  2. The ‘PackLine’ field should be set to “0” (zero), this will tell the system to assign the next number in the internal sequence to the Lines.
  3. You should include a ‘ReceivedTo’ line, which should be set to “PUR-STK”.

Setting the Pack Line to “0” is what did it for me.

I am going to add this here as well. Put the part number before any quantities in your ReceiptDetail DMT.

I was getting a class not found message because my part number field was at the end of my template.