Job Entry screen not working

We had a similar issue w/ Quick Entry after upgrading to 9.05.702.  This is the  result:

This has been considered as a bug, and I have just received the SCR from the Development Team.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: 

Unable to create Jobs in Quick Job Entry, when the revision's BOM of the part has no Operations, and the Material of that revision is a subassembly. The system returns an error message (4GL STOP condition: The Server application has returned an error. (7243)  (7241) when attempting to save.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

Jobs should be created with no issue, even when the main part has no operations in its BOM.

WORKAROUND:

Create jobs using regular Job Entry,

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jose Gomez
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 9:05 AM
To: Vantage
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Job Entry screen not working

BPM? Data Directives In Place? Customization? DB Triggers? DB Locks?

next time it happens run sp_who2

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM, <gracefulthreads@...> wrote:

Epicor has punted on this one, saying they can't replicate the issue even on my database.

My Job Entry screen RANDOMLY doesn't work any more. Some mornings our production supervisor is unable to firm up jobs, change production quantities, engineer, or release ANY jobs through the Job Entry program. The screen updates with the changes, but the SAVE function does not save them. We can use Job Status Maintenance and other programs to make the changes as a workaround, but that is rather clunky (especially when changing production quantities). There are no customizations and no personalizations on Job Entry, and this situation seems to come and go randomly (this morning she couldn't firm up a job, but after I firmed it, changed quantity, re-engineered, and released the job, she was then able to perform all functions on an different one).

Anyone ever seen something like this before?

We're on 9.05.702A SQL.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

Epicor has punted on this one, saying they can't replicate the issue even on my database.

My Job Entry screen RANDOMLY doesn't work any more. Some mornings our production supervisor is unable to firm up jobs, change production quantities, engineer, or release ANY jobs through the Job Entry program. The screen updates with the changes, but the SAVE function does not save them. We can use Job Status Maintenance and other programs to make the changes as a workaround, but that is rather clunky (especially when changing production quantities). There are no customizations and no personalizations on Job Entry, and this situation seems to come and go randomly (this morning she couldn't firm up a job, but after I firmed it, changed quantity, re-engineered, and released the job, she was then able to perform all functions on an different one).

We're on 9.05.702A SQL.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

BPM? Data Directives In Place? Customization? DB Triggers? DB Locks?

next time it happens run sp_who2

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM, <gracefulthreads@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p></p><p>Epicor has punted on this one, saying they can&#39;t replicate the issue even on my database.</p><p>Â </p><p>My Job Entry screen RANDOMLY doesn&#39;t work any more. Some mornings our production supervisor is unable to firm up jobs, change production quantities, engineer, or release ANY jobs through the Job Entry program. The screen updates with the changes, but the SAVE function does not save them. We can use Job Status Maintenance and other programs to make the changes as a workaround, but that is rather clunky (especially when changing production quantities). There are no customizations and no personalizations on Job Entry, and this situation seems to come and go randomly (this morning she couldn&#39;t firm up a job, but after I firmed it, changed quantity, re-engineered, and released the job, she was then able to perform all functions on an different one).</p>

Â

Â

We're on 9.05.702A SQL.

Â

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Are these make direct? Is there anything attached to orders in way of BPM not sure if that would impact it? Is it only a certain user(s) that can’t do this. Sounds like you went in as you or manager and took care of it.  Not likely from the symptoms but maybe a personalization with that user?

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gracefulthreads@...
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 8:03 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Job Entry screen not working

We're on 9.05.70 2A SQL.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

I've deleted all the personalizations, there are no customizations, and the problem can occur for every user (including the System Manager account).  These are all make-to-stock jobs, I just checked, and we're not having the same problem on make-to-order jobs... although we never change quantities on them she DOES have to release them, and that is working as expected.

There are some BPMs on both the JobEntry method and the JobHead table, and I've just now recompiled them, but they are targeted on something specific (nothing on the Update method and all Data directives have conditions). I'll see if that changes anything.

Thanks for the suggestions! Jose, what is "sp_who2"?

Ernie

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jgiese@...> wrote:

Are these make direct? Is there anything attached to orders in way of BPM not sure if that would impact it? Is it only a certain user(s) that can’t do this. Sounds like you went in as you or manager and took care of it.  Not likely from the symptoms but maybe a personalization with that user?

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gracefulthreads@...

We're on 9.05.70 2A SQL.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

They explain it pretty well allows you to check out locks on your DB and such.

Also I would turn off disable ALL Data Directives and BPMs and and see if I can make the issue happen. Even though they have conditions you never know.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM, <gracefulthreads@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>I&#39;ve deleted all the personalizations, there are no customizations, and the problem can occur for every user (including the System Manager account).  These are all make-to-stock jobs, I just checked, and we&#39;re not having the same problem on make-to-order jobs... although we never change quantities on them she DOES have to release them, and that is working as expected.</p>

Â

There are some BPMs on both the JobEntry method and the JobHead table, and I've just now recompiled them, but they are targeted on something specific (nothing on the Update method and all Data directives have conditions). I'll see if that changes anything.

Â

Thanks for the suggestions! Jose, what is "sp_who2"?

Â

Ernie

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jgiese@...> wrote:

Are these make direct? Is there anything attached to orders in way of BPM not sure if that would impact it? Is it only a certain user(s) that can’t do this. Sounds like you went in as you or manager and took care of it. Not likely from the symptoms but maybe a personalization with that user?

Â

Â

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

We're on 9.05.70 2A SQL.

Â

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>