Json Bulk Insert

Is there any way to bulk insert with json?
i.e. for a ud table
{
{
“Key1”: “”,
“Key2”: “”,
“Key3”: “”,
“Key4”: “”,
“Key5”: “”
},
{
“Key1”: “”,
“Key2”: “”,
“Key3”: “”,
“Key4”: “”,
“Key5”: “”
},
}
Current insertion rates are pretty slow (on my server), and I am trying to put in 1000+ lines.
I can easily go through WPF i just like the Object property mapping I can do with json in this project.

If this isn’t something we can do now , can it be added to future json plans?
p.s. i am on 10.2.100.9

Cheers
P

If you just want to bulk insert data into SQL table(s) something that doesn’t need to go through BO validation, you could use OPENJSON (SQL Server 2016 and above). The other option I had used (when SQL 2014 or below) is a PowerShell script using the ConvertFrom-Json object.

Yeah good idea Tom - as it’s ud I suppose I could go straight to the tables.

Would be nice to have bulk inserts for other records as well (via the bo’s).

Perhaps you could do a workaround by using an updatable baq (with your own processing) and rest. I don’t know if you’d see any performance increases since I don’t know exactly how rest handles Bo’s under the hood

I was thinking about this on the walk home.
Why can’t I use an async call and just multithread it? Could just throttle it so it doesn’t smash the app server…

I understand why WPF isn’t thread safe, but the post call with json is just one call and is hopefully threadsafe??

Have you tried the OData abstractions in REST? Why would they not work for you?

1 Like

Thanks Bart, It proberbly will I am just fearful of inbuilt code/interface generators so I built the interface.
I will have a play and see how I go.