Just updated this weekend

We were just updated this weekend and are now seeing this failure

Http failure response for https://gccdtapp10.epicorsaas.com/SaaS1105/api/v1/Ice.BO.KineticErpSvc/GetUserSessionAndVersion: 401 OK

Any suggestion
thanks

That’s a public cloud URL you should be on the horn with Epicor support.

1 Like

Thats not a violent metaphor is it? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

We had something similar. We upgraded this weekend as well.

We had them restart our app server and it’s been fine since.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin,

We are cloud based so I think that is something Epicor will have to do. I have opened a ticket with them, see how long it takes to get them to respond.

1 Like

Me too, that’s what I meant.

1 Like

Same thing - getting ready to go live with a client on Public Cloud. The last three times Epicor did any maintenance (regularly scheduled maintenance or a version upgrade), I needed Tech Support to restart app servers. Hope whatever issue it was gets resolved before we go live.

My biggest issue, they don’t man support on weekend hours, and since one of our companies run 24x7, that means a restart that’s needed after an early AM Sunday maintenance window might not get addressed for another 24 hours when their regularly scheduled cloud support people come in.

They do man support on weekends. I don’t know at what level, but my app server was restarted this weekend in 20 minutes from request.

And I have had it done before, on non maintenance weekends.

One would think that Software as a service - means your software works and you don’t need to call anyone.
Can’t a watchdog process prompt someone at Epicor to restart the app server if it is stalled out?

I have had to contact Epicor to get the app server restarted, it took them 2 hours - to get it going.

A lot of that would depend on what to monitor.
In our case, it wasn’t stalled, but certain things weren’t working.

1 Like

In the future this won’t be a problem, we’ll be able to do it ourselves from a portal page.
I just wish I knew what the timeline was.

I have the portal in my CAAB AKS environment, and it’s very convenient.

2 Likes

Software as a service doesn’t mean selfservice.
When I use QuickBooks - I don’t have to restart anything to make it work.
Many of the Cloud users are not technical, they just need the software to work.

It certainly can.

Like comparing an apple to 12th century literature.

Erp systems are technical by nature. If they can’t understand it, they either need to change
the way they operate so they don’t need it, hire someone who does, or call a consultant…

2 Likes

I’m hoping 2023.2 :crossed_fingers:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, it requires an infrastructure change.
I would guess 2024.X.

What?

https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat

1 Like

That was SPECTACULAR @klincecum.

VMs vs. containers in a Kubernetes Cluster.

different GIF

1 Like

LMAO @klincecum that’s amazing.

1 Like