Kanban reciepts and Time Entry

I tried used Kanban receipts the other day because we has an assembly sold where it was just simple bolt together stuff, so instead of creating a job and doing all of the transactions, I did a Kanban receipt to make the part. The inventory side worked great. However, now I see that it created a new labor header for that day. Has anyone seen that behavior before? Is that expected? You have to be clocked in to use it, so I would have thought that it used the current labor header. The labor header has the payroll unchecked which is good, but I could still see this causing a problem or at least confusion.

Does anyone have any insight to the accounting side of Kanban receipts? Or where it would be located in the documentation? The help just give a very basic explanation of what it does, and the course doesn’t touch on the T&E other than to just look at it and verify the quantity…

Note: we do not have all of the setup done for the kanban system that epicor has built in. That’s basically just a reactive MRP instead of a true Kanban since it relies on accurate inventory to work correctly. I just wanted to make use of the kanban receipts to quickly get an assembly into stock.

We use Kanban extensively. Time and Expense entry is part of the process and is always created. We do not use Epicor payroll so cannot comment on that.

Vinay Kamboj

@Banderson !!! This just came in as a helpdesk ticket for us too! Why is it creating that transaction?? We calculate payroll hours by summing up the labor head records, but now we need to exclude these?

What is your situation? What are you doing to calculate payroll hours?

We haven’t implemented this yet, so I haven’t worked out all of the details. We use Epicor payroll, and I noticed the at the labor head record has the payroll check box unchecked, which I’m assuming means that it won’t affect payroll. If you are pulling this out, I bet you can use that checkbox to filter the payroll headers vs the not.

What I’m more worried about is calculating idle time. If there are two headers, and you have say 4 hours of Kanban receipt time, will that time be counted as idle time on the payroll headers record? I have to do some testing to figure that out.