Keep expensed items as a material with quantity in BOM

Part Class. But I’m sure Part would work, it’s in the hierarchy ahead of class.

I mean, we always backflush most everything (except for raw steel and serialized parts), but I don’t think it would matter.

The only oddball I have seen with issue vs. backflush vs. mass issue is in Epicor’s algorithm to calculate ABC codes. Apparently some populate Plant2 on the PartTran table and some don’t, and that skews the ABC codes to disfavor serialized parts for us who backflush everything. :man_shrugging:

I think a request to allow non-qty-bearing parts to use cost method LAST is in order.

If I set the STD cost of the non-QB part to $1.25, and place a PO for it at $1.05, it makes a GL tran of $1.05 (per unit qty), and no variance is created.

Then when the STK-MTL occurs, the GL tran created is for $1.25 per.

1 Like

I vote you do it, Calvin. I think I get on their nerves at support. Mindy and Leigh in Finance are pretty awesome, though.

FYI, another hurdle is that the last cost never gets updated on PUR-UKN receipts. Only quantity-bearing transactions will update last cost. A MFG-CUS transaction on a QB non-stock item does update last cost, though.

Calvin,
In your suggestion, can you confirm:

Don’t you want to set Qty Bearing = False (unchecked)?

Thanks!

I don’t recall all the details of this thread, But I think the reason I made it Qty Bearing, was so that it could use LAST or AVG method. Setting Qty Bearing to false automatically sets its cost method to STD.

Thanks! I am Standard, so I will test this with making Qty Bearing unchecked…

-But we are heavy backflush users; so I do want to make sure it all works as intended.