Kinetic 2022.1.1 Transaction Scope

Hi Team,

I’ve a BPM which includes IceDataContext.CreateDefaultTransactionScope(). It was working in Kinetic 2021 but after upgrade to Kinetic 2022.1.1, it started throwing elow error:
The type 'TransactionScope' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Transactions.Local'

System.Transactions is already available in reference by default.

Regards,
Zoher Ali

1 Like

Add “using System.Transactions.Local;” or give it the full namespace in your BPM

1 Like

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding using System.Transactions.Local but got error The type or namespace name 'Local' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Transactions' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Regards,
Zoher Ali

Are you running the .Net 6.0 SDK on your client PC? If not it’s possible it’s namespace confused. My guess is M$ moved it from one version to the next ant that is what you are fighting.

2 Likes

Try just using System.Transactions;

Has anyone found a solution to this? We have some BPMs using variations of this same code that are still working in Kinetic 2022.1.6, but I cannot edit them or they will return that same error.

Install the NET 6 SDK on the client and try in a new bpm so you can confirm before modifying existing ones.

1 Like