Kinetic and calculated UltraGrids

In Epicor 10 a form custo can display an UltraGrid with dynamically calculated data that does not reside in the Epicor database.

In Kinetic I am looking for a similar way to populate a grid with calculated data that is not in the Epicor database. I can write a function to calculate the required data, but question is how to populate a form grid with that data. Moving it e.g. to a UD table is not an option in this particular case.

Create a DataView with column names for your calculated columns, set the grid’s Grid Model > EpBinding to that new view, then use events to populate the columns.

1 Like

That won’t work.

DataView contains custom data not related to any Epicor table.

I start with an empty dataview, use a function to calculate my data, put the results in the dataview and then display results on a slider page.

Issue is that I can send a DataSet and not a DataView to my function. Table is identified in my function, but I have zero columns so nothing to enter data in by my function.

The function result is a grid of multiple rows to display to the user. I cannot iterate in the form a row-add for any number of rows that my function returns. And as the data does not exist in the Epicor database there is no business object to use.

I don’t need to store this information in Epicor. I only need to display it to the user on screen.

Sure it will.

Yes, you definitely can. I’ve made posts on this very thing.

Build the table data in the function, return it as a dataset, then bind the response parameter to your view.

Pass a dataview to a function for further processing - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Load a dataview from a function call - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Post that shows how to iterate rows in Application Studio: How To: Adding Columns to Existing Kinetic Grid - Experts’ Corner - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Too lazy to look up any more. There are plenty of posts out there for this.

2 Likes

Function returns a null dataset. Added string parameter for reference.

In the function I create a dataset plus a simple check to see if the data does exist inside the function.

Function messagebox displays callContextBpmData.Character01 to verify data inside the function. It displays results as expected.

Used both function and your rest-erp example from another post.

erp-function returns the string value, but null for the dataset.

rest-erp only returns null for returnObj.

Those are red herring messages. Show me the network tab call for your function and how you configured the response for the function widget.

Network tab. Response is same for both MyTest entries

Function response configuration

Take out

DataSet dsResult = new DataSet();

replace with

dsResult = new DataSet();

2 Likes

Also:

I’m also assuming the dataview you created and are trying to populate in App Studio is named _MyTest, correct?

1 Like

Thanks, dataset now works.

Thanks, DataView also works.