Kinetic AppStudio row-update

Hi,

Is it possible to use a formula in the Value field in row-update properties? Or, is calling a function the only way to do so?

I am trying to populate a UD field automatically with a calculated value when the onBlur event fires on another field.

Thanks,
Prabin

Yeah just type it into the expression assuming you are just pulling data from one of the local dataViews.

2 Likes

I tried assigning the expression property like below and left the value blank but that didn’t update the field? Should I put something in the Value property as well?

Use curly braces, not parentheses.

{ShipDtl.OurInventoryShipQty} * 5
4 Likes

@hmwillett Thank you so much! That was it.

Is there any training document from Epicor on the App studio?

You can peruse the help within App Studio to get a basis.
Outside of that, the documentation is still pretty limited.
You can search these forums and if you don’t find your answer, post and folks like me will answer if they can.

3 Likes

Thanks, @hmwillett! I have found some good instructional videos in the Epicor Learning Center. I hope there will be more in the future.

1 Like

Similar issue, sorry to bump an old thread.

I’m trying to populate a field using OrderNumber-OrderLine

Does the expression in App studio not support concatenation? I’ve tried every manner I can think of to put a hyphen between these two fields. What has worked in functions for me is:
{OrderHed.OrderNum} + “-” + {OrderDtl.OrderLine}
however, this results in nothing when using Row-Update.

Both
"{OrderDtl.OrderNum}" + "-" + "{OrderDtl.OrderLine}"
and
{OrderDtl.OrderNum} + "-" + {OrderDtl.OrderLine}

work just fine. That being said, I’m testing on 2023.1.

You know, today has been one of “those days”.

I was putting OrderDtl.Reference in curly braces on the epBinding…

Once the row-update runs, I will have to call the OrderDtlSearch service update method, otherwise it will not auto-save that field, right?

Thanks for the quick response!

Just throw in an event-next widget and call the Update event.

1 Like

Many thanks,

We’re updating from 10.700 and I’m refactoring the custom events from the old version into Kinetic, a bit of a learning curve here and your posts have been a huge help!

You truly are the Kineticist :laughing:

1 Like